Discount at store?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by gjackson78, Jun 28, 2006.

1. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

Discount at store?

Have I lost my mind or did I hear that you get a discount at the store for being a member on the forum? Let me know.

Gary
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Discount is for new members (that would be you) and is valid at the Everything Q Software Store. This expires July 15th. It's not valid on accessories at the Q Store.

The coupon code for the Software Store is in your Welcome email. If you cannot locate it, just send me a PM and I'll provide you with code.

Thanks for joining!
    Chris
  3. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

Thanks

While I've got you here..i'm torn between the H700 and JX10. I know you have the JX10. In hindsight is it worth the extra $30 and does the fact that you need a separate adaptor to charge than the Q bother you?

Gary
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Hi Gary-
    I haven't personally used the 700, so cannot comment on it's pluses, minues. I have been using the JX10 and it's performed well. With regards to charging, I've found the dock that it ships with to be a real plus. It serves as a reminder to dock/charge my headset. When I was using the Sony/Ericsson HBH-660 (a good headset in it's own right), there were a number of times I'd leave it on my desk. When I went to grab it and go, I found it DOA. I did have a few issues with the JX10, which I outlined in my JX10 review at ET. Namely, the ear hook. Not sure if it was here or ET, but someone suggested using Jabra eargels found at BestBuy with the JX10. They said it's an awesome combo.

Here's a reader review of the H700 and more reader reviews of JX10. Also bear in mind, that what works (or more likely doesn't work well) with a Treo, might work great with a Q. Different manufacturers, hardware, etc.

BTW, accessories purchased through the Everything Q Store come with a 30 money back guarantee. So, if you decide on a headset and your not pleased, you can always return it.

Hope this helps.
    Let me know what you decide and how you make out.

-Chris
  5. Cornbread

Cornbread New Member

I haven't used the JX10, but the Mot H700 works great with the Q, the folding boom is awesome, you can fold it and put in in your pocket, it is so small, and when it's folded it is off, so it conserves power. When you get a call, pull it out of your pocket, open it up, put it on you ear and take the call. Also being able to use the same charger as the Q (mini USB) is a great plus. It is very lightweight and comfortable also.

I will tell you the H700 does not work well with the Treo 600/650 for some reason, but it works great with the Q.