Disappearing IMAP email Windows Mobile

Discussion in 'Samsung Jack' started by Mattster, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Mattster

Mattster New Member

Disappearing IMAP email Windows Mobile

I may have missed this so I'm starting a new topic.

My email on my Jack which has win mobile 6.1 one keeps disappearing. I use AOL and ATT.

I have set everything up according to AOL, ATT and MS, for an IMAP account and with 30 days of messages.

I even upgraded the AOL to their unified mailbox.

However, even before the Samsung Jack, on my Blackjack and more and more, my inbox and outbox email will disappear leaving mail from weeks ago. Then I will suddenly get a massive email download of like 1000 messages.

After they are downloaded, and either I power down the phone, the next day it starts all over again leaving the old email (and in fact the same old emails) and re-downloading the 1000+ messages.

Any ideas?
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

what happens if you delete any of the old emails? Seen simmilar with txt msgs on Q's
  3. Mattster

Mattster New Member

I wouldn't delete them only because it would erase them on the server and I use my older stuff.
    Just an interesting note I am replying while the handheld has downloaded 11/3, to date for the 5th time today.
  4. Mattster

Mattster New Member

Ridiculousness

Ok -- just out of desperation since no one seems to know what I'm talking about, I called Microsoft and paid money and spoke with Samsung.

Their solution is to reset the phone. Wow, talk about ducking the issue.

I pointed out this issue was also happening to me on my Blackjack 1 and I had wiped the Rom for the mobile upgrade.

So their solution seems without any merit.

Did anyone else have my experience -- it's not a text message issue.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if its truly imap can u experiment by putting them in sub folders and try syncing those?