Direct Push email for windows mobile 6.1?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by dragonfly, Apr 8, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Direct Push email for windows mobile 6.1?

Are there any programs out there for direct email push for windows mobile 6.1? The one and only thing i really like about blackberry is the emails direct push, i dont really like how with my Q i need to set it to connect every x amount of minutes to search for new emails, was hoping that mobile 6.1 would have it when i get my Saga on monday.

Thanks.
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

PushEffect gets my vote....works great!
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I have an exchange account, so I just use that. but there's seven, push effect, and quite a few others that I can't remember
  4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

does this push effect program you guys speak of automatically push emails right away? so the second it would be in my normal inbox for say gmail it will be on my phone and wont need 5 mins to come through?
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

as long as gmail forwards the email promptly....then yes! PE has never failed me but there have been times when gmail and yahoo decided to wait a bit to send it.
  6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

aha sounds good to me, ill have to give it a try. i have so many programs to test out when i get my new saga come monday. between pocketbreeze, and spb mobile shell, the themes, trying to find a messenger program like palringo since i hear it doesnt work on the 6.1 pocket pc, and now this email push :) so pumped like a little kid on xmas morning.
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

palringo doesn't work on pro? thats bad news...
  8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

thats what i've heard but i dont know for sure, ill have to test it out on monday. unless someone else wants to test it? one less thing i have to worry about haha. ;)
  9. regression

regression New Member

Doesn't PushEffect use text messages in the background? So if you don't have an unlimited text plan, keep an eye on how many texts you are using...
  10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

uses texts in the background? for what? what if i have unlimited texts to verizon customers?
  11. regression

regression New Member

I thought you set your email (like gmail) to forward all messages to your phone as a text message (ie xxxxxxxxxx@sprintpcs.com) and when your phone received the text message, instead of showing up like a regular text, PushEffect used that as your new mail notification. I could be wrong....
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I dont set my gmail to forward anywhere i hope thats not what this program does if it is ill stick with send/receive haha.
  13. regression

regression New Member

Well, when I was researching PushEffect, that is how I understood the program worked. Hopefully if someone on here who has used it can confirm or deny what I stated, that would help....
  14. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

That's not how it works. When your phone gets the text message, it triggers the email client to connect and download the email.
  15. regression

regression New Member

OK, but you still have to forward your email to your phone's "text message" email address, right? So if you don't have unlimited texts and you get a lot of email, you could run up your bill.
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yea...unlimited text is recommended!
  17. regression

regression New Member

Yeah, that was the deal breaker for me. I don't text a lot, so I have the 300 text / month package. Neat concept though.
  18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I have the unlimited texting to other verizon customers, is that ok? is it considered a verizon text? or an "out of network text"?
  19. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

its a text to you....so i would call that in network! :)
  20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

haha good point. so there is no real program that would do it? other than just forwarding my emails to my phones email address?