different icon bars

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by bmar29, Jan 28, 2009.

1. bmar29

bmar29 Member

different icon bars

i didnt want to make a new thread for this. but here goes
    im just curious as to whether or not rinku icon bar and the one by BigTK are the only 2 custom icon bars available for the Q's
  2. crazykay

crazykay New Member

You can use smartmonitor in place of the standard iconbar or go buy PhoneAlarm and create your own like Big Tk did.. but IMO PhoneAlarm is a big piece of crap and does crazy stuff to your phone...
  3. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

^What she said

PA likes to screw with my sound and vibrate settings for fun.

They keep promising V2.0 but nothing but betas so far
  4. Prosper

Prosper New Member

phoneAlarm works fine if you use the pA profiles, and only those. Keep the system profiles to standard, and just use pA profiles, and everything will be fine.
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

Agreed, Prosper. I use it because my HS needs it, but when I want to switch to HS that doesn't use it, it messes up the phone..
  6. halo0

halo0 New Member

Anybody know how to swap out battery meter bar colors using smartmonitor?
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

It's Simple......

==========
    It's Simple......Create a new bar image, name the bar image and direct to the new image by adjusting the XML. You can also just leave it named the same and overwrite the old images....that way you can use the same XML.
  8. halo0

halo0 New Member

What I actually wanted to do was have the battery meter be red only when the phone was charging, and go back to blue when it wasn't. But using the icon-charging tag and pointing at a red charging meter wouldn't work on top of the original battery meter. It seems like trying to put both in the same place results in the battery meter trumping the charging icon. What I ended up doing was creating a bitmap of the text "Charging" in red letters and displaying that over top of the word "battery" in the background image when the phone is charging. I'm happy with it for now :) If you know of a way to use different images for the battery meter depending on whether or not it's charging, I'm all ears.
  9. BigTK

BigTK New Member

+1 Never had a problem with PA. There is sliced bread and then PA...:wink:
  10. Prosper

Prosper New Member

True. You have to know whether you want to use pA, or not. When switching from pA to system profiles, you have to re-set your system profiles. Thus switching between pA/system profiles isn't really recommendable.