Differences in 6.1 from 6.0 ???? Bugs ???? Post 'em here

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by mexiken, Jul 30, 2008.

1. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

Two issues I am having:

1) It randomly reboots on a daily basis. I usually turn my phone off and back on once a day anyway so now it is just happening automatically. Sometimes it's not at a good time though.

2) When I place a call from contacts or dial a number and hit send it goes to a new screen and says "sprint dialing... the number I am calling or contact name and than the state underneath it". Well I am in Illinois so 99.5% of the calls all have the same area code and are in Illinois. Well on some of the calls it says Illinois but on others it says New Jersey(when it is actually Illinois). Any one have this happen? Its not a big issue just annoying?
  2. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

Nevermind I think I just found The problem on the state thing. I had my numbers in as 1-847-xxx-xxxx but it needs to be entered with either no dashes or parenthesis around the area code. Glad I figured it out but now I have to go and change so many numbers :frown:
  3. PortedMetal

PortedMetal New Member

everytime reply to a txt msg it ALWAYS sends me and invalid number msg. so whenever i want to reply to a txt msg i have to create a new msg. this is a bit annoying and i wanna know if anyone else has this problem and if there is a solution to it. if not then i can live with having to create a new msg every time but i would much rather just REPLY lol
  4. durrence

durrence New Member

Tethering works great on 6.1 with a cable if you make the necessary registry changes. See:

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...-tethering-plan-via-usb-on-6-1-att-25148.html

5. indie-guy

indie-guy New Member

Wow...I just realized that with 6.1, when you start to address an email, it guesses the recipient as you type, like my Treo used to. This is great!
  6. jmd0116

jmd0116 New Member

This has been a long time feature all the way back to PocketPC - but it was never part of the Phone edition or the susequent versions leading to 6. Having it in the newest smartphone really does make life soooo much better.
  7. josefcbailey

josefcbailey New Member

I Found out that my Bluetooth Pantorincs isn't working anymore when upgrading to 6.1
  8. QUser.619

QUser.619 New Member

Missing MMS

Anyone else have MMS completely disappear? I tried sending a picture from the camera & text is greyed out & only my email accounts are listed. I did both a restore from SPB backup & then completely reset the phone by using the E Z power up, master reset. Both times it is simply missing. Called ATT technical support & they have no clue so far. If they do provide a solution, I will post it here.

Sorry I also posted this under the "Official WM6.1" as in downlaoded from Motorola web-site thread.
  9. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

when i hit menu i have options to send and send via multimedia msg.
  10. QUser.619

QUser.619 New Member

So you can pick a picture & then choose send. When I do it, the messages portion is greyed out. I think I can manually create one via messages, but not directly from the camera
  11. QUser.619

QUser.619 New Member

Duh,

I just figured it out. There is mul;timedia send, you can no longer just click send, since MMS is now a part of messages. Sorry & thnaks for the repsonse.
  12. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

now i see what you are doing. don't use the send softkey. use the menu softkey then choose send via mult. msg.
  13. SigmaMason

SigmaMason New Member

i am having 2 issues:

1) while using the official updater from Moto, the device performs active sync while updating. It gets to 90% and shuts off, 95% and comes back on and then displays a "error" screen telling me to reconnect usb to pc, turn device off and back on, make sure sim is in phone and reconnect phone to usb.

2) Bluetooth stack not loaded. Get error code - 0x1

Please help...
  14. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

when you reconnect, let the phone finish syncing before you try the update.
  15. SigmaMason

SigmaMason New Member

Are you saying that I update first? Did that. The phone shows that it is WM 6.1, the issue that I am seeing is the Bluetooth stack is not loaded...
    When I reconnect to the computer, the phone kicks into synch mode while updating. I have let the synch complete.
    The phone physically shuts down right around 90% to 92% and then restarts at 96%. As soon as the phone restarts itself, the computer screen blinks and I get the error message. Nothing I am doing on my end at all.:embarassed::blink:

I restart the process over and same result. I woke up at 5:30 to retry this and same result.
  16. RichS

RichS Member

After every reboot, Windows Live Mail compes up with my email adress and password filled in, but it asks me to confirm. Anyway to get rid of this?

Also, I can no longer assign Speed Dials to my contacts, that option is gone, any ideas?
  17. braj

braj New Member

I have the option for speed dials. Are you opening the contact and highlighting the number you want to use? I JUST got a WM Q and upgraded on day 2, so I don't know if this has changed behavior, but can confirm it works for me.
  18. xStatikx

xStatikx New Member

Since I got the upgrade, I haven't been able to setup my email.
    Once I put in my address and password it sends me to this Help with Windows Live page and saids to click the link below. But once I click it nothing happens. What do I do to set up my email?
  19. RichS

RichS Member

Yes that is exactly what I'm doing, I have the contact highlighted and then hit the right key that brings up the menu and speed dial is no longer listed.
  20. RichS

RichS Member

Figured it out, user error on my part, I was forgetting to highlight wihich number from the contact I wanted to add to the speed dial list, once I did that, works like it used to. Brain fart on my part :2cool: