Differences in 6.1 from 6.0 ???? Bugs ???? Post 'em here

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by mexiken, Jul 30, 2008.

1. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

The only annoying difference I have found is that it takes 3 keypresses to unlock the keylock instead of 2.
  2. Bahama.Llama

Bahama.Llama New Member

Yeah... hate to say this is happening to me too (Opera). A phone restart fixes the problem temporarily... but damn it... wish it didn't happen at all.

Regarding the call logging, it's categorizing them properly for me.
  3. Icer Mize

Icer Mize New Member

Power-Off problem.

When I attempt to shut off my phone, I get a new 'Tick Tock" sound followed by the "Good Bye" message, the screen goes blank and then it starts to power-up again.

Sorry if this issue has been addressed. I have searched the forum for related issues with WM 6.1 but found nothing. If I missed it, punish me:foot:
    Thanks,

Icer
  4. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Sounds like a 'sticky' PWR key ? ?
    Try powering off by holding the Home key down until the Quick List appears, then select: "1. Power off"
  5. Icer Mize

Icer Mize New Member

I appreciate your suggestion but the power-off problem came with the installation of 6.1. I can pull the battery to shut the phone off but would much prefer to find the problem.
  6. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

You're welcome. I was thinking that if it powers down with that method it might help isolate the issue to the key. Conversely, if it restarts with that method it's definitely a software issue.

Have you thought about a Master Reset? If it's software that might fix it.
  7. mr2spyderfreak13

mr2spyderfreak13 New Member

AIM CLient Woes

when i had WM 6.0 all of my buddues for AIM were there in thir specified groups. then i get over to WM 6.1 and i HAVE TO MANUALLY RE-ENTER OVER 200 BUDDIES TO THE LIST AND I CANT EVENT PUT THEM IN GROOUPS!!!. Its either ONLINE or OFFLINE. wat kind of BS IS that?!?!?!?!?!?!:angry:
  8. xalias51

xalias51 New Member

Just to chime in a little on the WM 6.1 upgrade, I find it a nice improvement over 6.0.
    Battery life has been very good. On Monday, after surfing the web, playing with the phone configuration, exchange push email running, about an hour talking on the phone, by 10:00pm I was only down 1 bar.
    I should qualify this, though, by saying there is no 3G here so I was on EDGE the whole time. Also, I am using a BT61 battery with 1170mah vice the BT60 with 1130mah.
    The Opera browser hang that some have discussed happened to me under 6.0 but I haven't had this issue on 6.1.
    Google Maps work well and I have also found the GPS lock much faster on 6.1. Surprisingly, the My Location functionality is also working on 6.1.
    I have been using 6.1 for almost a week and a half. I also like the CHome configurator and sliding panels. I think this is a keeper for me.

Sent via my Q9...
  9. hello

hello New Member

Is it true, WM6.1 work very faster on Moto Q 9h? Now i have WM6
  10. George Knighton

George Knighton New Member

It seems to me that there are places where the code is perceivably quicker.

I am not, however, experiencing faster GPS hooks as reported by some users.
  11. kinetix

kinetix New Member

Power Off & Other Problems

I too have the same problem. I also have had to drop Agenda One as it created an exception on installation and led to a black screen; I also had issues with Astraware Mumy Maza and Magmic's card game "Spades."
  12. indie-guy

indie-guy New Member

The "tick tock" does indeed seem to be a new feature, which personally I appreciate, since it clearly tells me when I've been holding the button down long enough to power down. But mine doesn't restart until I turn it back on, so you've got an issue (either hardware or software).
  13. George Knighton

George Knighton New Member

I was about to type the same thing. It's a little step forward.
  14. mr2spyderfreak13

Beautiful looking but little flaws do matter

it totally derails the setting for your keyboards backlighting functions and timing. and it removes alll of the buddies in yor buddy list, it doent allow groups, and it only has the buddies in the mobile device category in the one group it allows, ONLINE!!!!?!?!?!?!

PS:Mobile Device = 18 buddies
    PS:Complete Amount of Buddies on my Regular AIM (WM 6.0 and Desktop)

118 BUDDIES

what do you have to say about that WM6.1?????
  15. Xebec

Xebec Member

Blame that on AT&T, not Microsoft. AT&T (and other carriers) forced Microsoft to remove Messenger from Windows Live so that the carriers can force you to use their own Messenger, which texting rates apply. The Messenger that Microsoft intended for you to use uses your data plan and the carriers axed that in a hurry.

BTW, if you download the proper Windows Live /w Messenger from XDA-Dev, you can get Groups back.
  16. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

Or you can use BeeJive IM (beta, but works well) or you can try Palringo which I also like, but there is still a bug that effects some people where you will get disconnected from AIM when trying to send or receive a message.
  17. mexiken

mexiken New Member

The keyboard/lights works fine for everyone else.

And I've tested the IM feature built into the phone, it doesn't do that for me.

If you're really bummed about it, try another IM app. Theres lots of free ones out there.
  18. mr2spyderfreak13

alright , the keyboard light i can get over but i had to manually put all of my buddys back into my AIM buddy list. and a matter of fact what IM APP coulld i use that would still allow me to talk to my friends on aim. and anyway i could get my buddies from aim to that app???
  19. mexiken

mexiken New Member

The AIM buddies are supposed to be stored on their servers. Which means, they aren't local to your PC. That means you should see them in their proper groups when you log onto other devices.

Beejive works, Palringo works, IM Plus works, Slick works. All of these work.
  20. Sacrin

Sacrin New Member

My phone also restarts automatically when I power it down. I think it has something to do with CHome weather and sliders... it restarted my phone when I installed it and every time I change a setting.