Differences in 6.1 from 6.0 ???? Bugs ???? Post 'em here

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by mexiken, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Mrrlyn

Mrrlyn New Member

Didnt read through the whole thread, since I just finised flashing over and am happy about this:

In task manager, you can now go to an app that you have running by clicking on it. I know for me, somethimes I'd have to close an app because I couldnt get the window to come back after doing something else, and have to restart it, so this is very nice!
  2. Mrrlyn

Mrrlyn New Member

Video can now record in 320x240 (before was 176x144 limit).

But unfortunately I get a "Your current location is temporarily unavailable" with google...anybody else getting this?
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

this also works in WM6.0...
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Yeah... the quality is better than what I achieved when I edited the registry to enable 320X240. Maybe I will try the regedit to increase the bitrate and see if that increases the quality even further.
  5. Roadie

Roadie New Member

Thanks for trying to help. I've reflashed, and can now get my work MSN account through XPress Mail (yay!)

I'll try out mail2web when I have a chance - I have to reload and rehack some stuff.

Thanks!

ETA: I just checked it out - they don't like MSN either.
  6. Mrrlyn

Mrrlyn New Member

oh...:embarassed:
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

No it didn't. At least not on my 9h.
  8. Roadie

Roadie New Member

So, I'm happy I can get at least one e-mail account. What I am not happy about is the inability of ActiveSync to actually, ya know, sync anything. My contacts are cool, I have to uncheck Tasks or I get an error, and if I enter an appointment on the Q I get an error/if I enter on the PC it doesn't sync at all.
  9. gqmoto

gqmoto Member

I changed my home screen fron the AT&T Default to AT&T Sliding Panel now getting excellant battery life 3 bars all day with a Mugen Battery. Much better than 6.0
  10. endobrian

endobrian New Member

Odd, it's the same usb port I have always used. :/
  11. Mrrlyn

Mrrlyn New Member

thanks ninja. thought i was going insane/really stupid...
  12. Bahama.Llama

Bahama.Llama New Member

Regarding battery life, I've had mixed experiences. I have both an Exchange (15 min peak, 30min off peak) and a POP (30 min all around) set up on this phone. Initially I had what appeared to be an improved battery life (went down about 20% after a days use). But then I felt my phone on my bed just the other minute and it was warm. I went into the task manager and saw ActiveSync was the only thing running. I'm sure this has something to do with my changing the scheduling for the exchange account from 30 -> as they arrive while in off peak times... but I'll mess around with it to be sure. Man that SOB getting hot scared the crap outta me.

As stated above, you can shoot video at a larger res (320x240)... and the sliders are pretty much jesus. One of the sliders by default is to browse all photos. Initially I thought that it would only look on the device memory for these photos, but it actually looks all them both. Good time to mention that my all my 8GB microSD is recognized.

Something else worth noting is I think the ringer settings got louder. For example, a "3" on 6.0 is now a "2" or less on 6.1. Anyone else experience this, or is that all in my head?

I've had no additional problems connecting to either Edge or 3G. I say additional because my phone can't decided which network to be on in my house... so it's hit or miss. I'd also like to join the "[​IMG]OMFG GPS IS SO MUCH FASTER[​IMG]" group, as it's quite nice having Google Maps/Windows Live find me in a matter of seconds instead of minutes.

Nothing else comes racing to my mind at the moment, so I'll leave it at that for the time being.

Edit 1: I noticed something this morning. My exchange account isn't syncing properly with the "sent items". I know it was syncing fine with 6.0... but my buddy who has a Moto Q (first) says his sent items aren't syncing either. I've deleted the relationship and re-added it, but that didn't fix the issue. I'll talk to our exchange admin this afternoon.

Edit 2: I figured it was an easy fix. When picked what folders you sync, be sure to go into the "manage folders" option and select your sent items folders to sync. This was not selected by default like it was in 6.0.
  13. yvrq8h

yvrq8h New Member

I did the upgrade using a Rogers locked phone and everything is working well. I did freak out for a moment thinking my phone was about to be locked to AT&T but thankfully that did not occur.

Here is what I did notice. After configuring my internet settings, my browsers (Opera and IE) are hit and miss and don't always work to pull up the web pages.

Also, since I am on the Rogers network, there is no access to the AT&T service that come with the phone. How can I remove these services? I know most of them are simply links.

I still want to try to find instructions on how to tether my phone without using the AT&T solution provided with the upgrade.

Otherwise, 6.1 is a big improvement since the new home screen provides very slick UI.

Thanks in advance.
  14. iamthekiller

iamthekiller New Member

can anybody tell me how to go into speakerphone mode quickly when in a call? when i hit MENU while in a call, there's a god damn 5 second delay

i've tried holding on the green button, or holding on the #3, but nothing works
  15. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Definitely my experiences too.
    I use BT a lot. Used to be with BT connected and "Normal" selected, the phone audio was very low. Now, with BT connected, it sounds as if the phone is on "Outdoor" and not "Normal".
  16. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Easy - just hit the speaker key on the bottom right corner of the phone... it has like a little speaker pic on it

~maria
  17. t1328

t1328 New Member

Downgrading back to 6.0

I upgraded successfully, and I loved the new OS. However, since the upgrade, the quality of the bluetooth connection in my car ('07 Infiniti G35x) has deteriorated significantly, and the phone keeps on rebooting for no particular reason - in particular right in the middle of calls. So I'm downgrading back to 6.0 unfortunately... :-( One other issue I've had is that the browser (Opera) often just doesn't open until I have to do a reboot. I've had to reboot my phone many times since the upgrade.

Cheers
    Tamir

PS. Mexicen - thanks agaion for putting this out there. I guess I'll wait till AT&T unveils it, and then I can call their support to see if they can resolve the issues I'm having.
  18. Mrrlyn

Mrrlyn New Member

You're not alone with the opera hangup. happens to me too. goes throgh the loading process (pinwheel) then its gone...

also, all my incomming calls are being listed under the missed call, not recieved...anybody having this one? or with their "my position" (google maps) saying its not working?

- posted from my Q9h
  19. endobrian

endobrian New Member

Here's some more info on this....if you are in tethered mode and lock the kb the blue strobe will happen, BUT the bat icon does NOT change, and it does not charge...Add that to the bug column.
  20. t1328

t1328 New Member

Reverting back to WM 6.0

Hi Everyone:

Some of the issues I've been haviing with WM 6.1 are showstoppers for me. Specifically, the phone resetting in the middle of calls sometimes, the bluetooth quality issue, and the reduced battery life. I'd like to get back to WM6.0. However, I tried doing this using the same procedure that Mexiken desribed for installing this one, but obviously with the 6.0 rom (that Mexiken posted). I get an error mid way through the installation that the phone did not respond to an enumeration request. After that, WM6.1 is still there, and everything still works. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
    Tamir