Differences in 6.1 from 6.0 ???? Bugs ???? Post 'em here

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by mexiken, Jul 30, 2008.

1. wokie

wokie New Member

i am having the same problem with tcpmp and it creates an error report. any one know a player that works?

i posted this b4 i finished reading all the post's please ignore
  2. indie-guy

indie-guy New Member

keymapping

Successfully installed and happy so far. One annoyance is that the hard key from MUSIC is no longer mapped to Media Player, and is instead mapped to a list of AT&T applications. Does anyone know how to hack this back?
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I had no idea that the music key was remapped. I understand how that annoys you but I like th change.
    I always used to hit that key by accident when going for the space bar and that meant firing up task manager to exit out of WMP.
    Now there is a convenient exit key.
  4. mexiken

mexiken New Member

You can remap the keyboard shortcut keys from the registry. I forget the locations right now, but I know you have to modify the APP_Path_x keys. Someone else on here is VERY good at modifying that stuff, and knows it in and out. But, I forget who that is too, lol.

Search for APP_Path, I think that should bring up relevant threads.
  5. indie-guy

indie-guy New Member

Here's another annoyance, which may be a killer for me. WMP has major lag, both starting up as well as time between songs. In WM6.0 it was instantaneous. Anyone else notice this behaviour?
  6. wokie

wokie New Member

all the keys are hkcu/control paneal/keybd all the keys are in there the only one i found you cant change in the key for your contacts but i have not tryed it since i updated to 6.1 hope tis helps.
  7. briwlls

briwlls New Member

Poor battery life

We're using the standard batter on two Motorola Q9's running 6.1 and since the update it seems our batteries are draining faster.

8. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

I have found that a quick press of the red END/PWR key from just about anywhere (when navigating menus) gets me to the Home screen virtually instantly.
  9. DeusInnomen

DeusInnomen New Member

I'm noticing the same thing that some folks are seeing with the battery life being worse. I also noticed that the 3G icon seems to never go away now, as if the connection was never going idle. If that's the case, it's almost certainly why the battery's getting drained. My email servers are set to poll only every 15 minutes, and ElecontWeather is set for once an hour. With 6.0 I'd get dang near 3 days on the standard battery... but now it's not even making it 18 hours!

Any ideas?
  10. gqmoto

gqmoto Member

I do not know what it is but my battery is draining faster and my Q9h 6.1 was installed by Motorola
    Gary
  11. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

There's a new Voice Command program in this update.
    The synthesized Voice is "smoother" and there are some pronunciation differences.

Bad news for me is that it reads "Jan" as more like "Ian".... it tries Ben and Joanne before offering "Ian".
    My wife's name is Jan....so I'm either gonna have to give her a new name or get a new wife.Unsure
  12. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Hey, maybe its a sign ???? :tounge:
  13. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Hey... new OS...new wife.. ;-)
  14. Roadie

Roadie New Member

I think I'm going to have to reflash this afternoon. I still cannot get my e-mail automatically on my Q. I have tried everything, and nada.

When I press the mail key, I am taken to the "Outlook Email" screen, and the message says "To create a new message, click Menu, then click New." If I click "New" and type a message, it goes nowhere. If I click "Send & Receive", it activates ActiveSync on my Vista laptop (the only time I can actually get a successful, no error, sync it seems - although nothing really happens). If I choose "Folders", then "Inbox", it says "Synchronizing...", but nothing noticible synchronizes after that and I get returned to "To create a new message..."

About the only thing I can do is "Setup E-mail" in the "messaging" screen, which takes me to WL to manually re-enter my e-mail addy & password.:angry:

Any brilliant flashes of insight (before I drop this in the toilet & flush)?

As I mentioned before, I have two MSN e-mail accounts - one personal and one for work. Ideally, I could receive both of them (but the odds of Microsoft programs actually, I dunno, working together are slim, I understand), but I must must must have at least my work e-mail.

Thanks for any help you might give.

Roadie
  15. tendomentis

tendomentis New Member

If you are using MSN accounts, I think you need to install the latest Windows Live cab (check the XDA forums for the link) to enable MSN/Hotmail email on your phone, but then you should have no trouble setting up your email (and it will even push to your phone).

EDIT: Oh, and you can only have one MSN account at one time on your phone (same with Exchange accounts), so you'll have to pick one.
  16. legend1222

legend1222 New Member

WM6.1 Broke my emulators

The install of WM6.1 on my Q9h went nice and smooth (thank you!) and it was definitely worth it overall. However, one minor disappointment, since the install of WM6.1 both PocketNesterPlus .9 and pico drives screens are scrambled. On WM6.0, when the game lost focus, the screen got off center and the left and right sides switched. When i choose resume, it fixed itself and was playable. No big deal. On WM6.1, when playing, the screen is scrambled, and when it looses focus, it looks fine.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it? Its not a deal breaker (overall, this is way better then 6.0) but it was a niceity.

**EDIT**
    Just in case anyone else runs into this, on PocketNesterPlus, under display, check Show all 240 lines and its fine. I probably had to do this on 6.0 and forgot. As far as Picodrive, its always been screwy, so its no big loss to me.
  17. Roadie

Roadie New Member

I am using the most current WL, but I'm trying again just in case. I'm on Setup right now, synchronizing my contacts, but I've been through this before with no joy. Like I said, I can live with having one e-mail account - I don't get any personal ones that can't wait until I'm home to deal with them.

*sigh* I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if this doesn't work, I'm going to try a reflash. The whole mess is compounded by my sketchy cell coverage while I'm in/at my house, so I end up wandering around trying to find coverage, and by the time I download or sync anything, I've forgotten what I was trying to do in the first place!

ETA: No joy, still. Here I go on a reflash!
  18. tendomentis

tendomentis New Member

Might not be the help you wanted, but if you have the option to forward your MSN accounts out, try setting up a free Live account as mail2web.com. You'll get free Exchange hosted email (which IMHO works far better than Windows Live), and at least that way you'll receive your email from both of your email accounts.
  19. endobrian

endobrian New Member

Upgraded to 6.1 last thursday. The only thing that is different that is negative is that while tethered the q9h doesn't charge anymore.
  20. tendomentis

tendomentis New Member

That's odd. I'm tethered right now on my upgraded q9 global and it shows that it is charging. Bad USB port maybe?