Differences in 6.1 from 6.0 ???? Bugs ???? Post 'em here

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by mexiken, Jul 30, 2008.

1. JPOnion

JPOnion New Member

Try reading the info on this thread, if you havent already:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9h/tcpmp-for-q9h-6-1-a-25219.html

It worked for me :)
  2. sniffs

sniffs New Member

I can't get Skype working either.. it shows the beginning screen then "unexpectedly" errors out.. =/
  3. Roadie

Roadie New Member

Okay, I've been screwing around with this for a bit now, and I am unable to automatically get either of my e-mail accounts (MSN) automatically, no matter how I try. I have to input user name & password manually every time. What am I doing wrong?
  4. mmeiners

mmeiners New Member

Radio reception and battery much improved with WM 6.1

My radio reception in weak spots is much improved, especially data/3G connection stability and speed.

Also my battery (with always-on Windows Live Mail / Hotmail Push Email) is significantly improved. It sounds hard to believe but my battery now lasts at least 50% longer.

Sliding panels is great, especially with the cHome customizations.

Threaded SMS as well as address suggestion in SMS and Email are further great new features.

Google Maps My Location works in 6.1

Opera starts much faster.

Everything else works fine respectively as on WM 6.0
  5. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Theres Skype for mobiles !!!!????
  6. mmeiners

mmeiners New Member

Skype for Mobile

Yes it is but does not work on WM 6.1, only WM 5 and 6
  7. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

I don't use Skype, but yes there has been Skype for mobiles.
    Head over to: Skype on your mobile device

:2cool: R J
  8. paladin

paladin New Member

How do you get your Live mail/hotmail push email working? The plugin doens't show up on the home screen any more. Thanks!
  9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Battery life is MUCH better for me !!!! I can actually go through a day without losing more than 1 bar !!!! Yes !!!!
  10. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

11. mexiken

mexiken New Member

12. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

Yes, the CWindowsLive panel does work, but initially it is disabled... and it may take a couple of tries to get it to show once enabled and told to show... at least, it took a couple of reboots for me, don't know what the trouble was.

home.exe also crashed a couple of times on me at first too when trying to do anything with ChomeConfig.
  13. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

Can you post how you enabled it please? I am stumped
    Huh?Huh?
  14. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

15. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

I didn't do anything in the registry.

This is exactly what I did:

Installed WLM (the one without messenger, I use another app), went into CHome and enabled the CWindowsLive panel then told it to show. Tried to exit and save, but home.exe crashed in the process and windows prompted me to report the error.

I rebooted the phone, panel was not there. Went back into CHome and hid the panel, saved... rebooted, back to CHome, told the panel to show, tried to exit and save and home.exe crashed again.

Had to reboot... again. Chome, hid the panel again, saved and everything was fine... played with NRG Mini Weather... went back into CHome and just told it to show everything just to see what was what really... exited, saved everything went fine (including the WindowsLive panel this time)..

Went to my home screen and sure enough, I had my Windows Live panel... works the same way it did in 6.0 just in the new panel setup... it has an entry for messenger, I haven't tried logging into that yet (theres not supposed to be a messenger with this Live...?)

Anyway, like I said, didn't do anything in the registry... didn't do anything really but show/hide panels...

Ok, something funky... phone rebooted and the Live panel is gone... hmm..

Ok, I can not get the live panel to show anymore...
  16. JPOnion

JPOnion New Member

I went strait to 6.1 after getting this phone in the mail so can't compare, but I can verify that this is true. I spent all day yesterday (I got no work done...) customizing the phone and playing around with it. Even spent an hour or so playing games and made a few calls (not more than 30 mins). The battery never dropped a bar.

I'm using the extended battery.

Any word on remote desktop, any version, working on 6.1?
  17. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

Ok, I have my Live panel back... not sure how yet, but I'm working on that.
  18. paladin

paladin New Member

I got the cab and installed it. I could never get the home screen live panel to show. And yes, I enabled the CWindowsLive in the home screen. I like the live search, so I uninstall the live and reinstalled the live search. Since you have that intermittently working, reinstall the windows live. I do want the messenger and hotmail on my home screen. Please get us posted on your findings. :laugh2:
  19. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

It seems finicky as hell. I didn't do anything this time except re-enabled it in CHome, rebooted and it still wasn't there. I went into messaging and accessed my hotmail real quick to read a new mail, went back to the homescreen and it was there. I went into CHome and moved it the list a bit and have rebooted a couple of times since and it's seems to want to stick around so... maybe enable and show it in CHome, reboot.. access messaging (hotmail if you have it) and go back to the home screen? I honestly couldn't tell you... there isn't any reason that I can find that should keep it from showing.

For now, it's there and working as it should.

lol... and it's gone again! I think the mini weather layout is messing with it. Going to try something.

Ok, I think I got it. I believe that the "5 day slim forcast" layout for NRG Mini Weather is the culprit (for me at atleast). I use it, I lose live, I use the default layout and live comes back. The Live panel doesn't seem to like it. So, if your using mini weather, use the default layout (2) and not the slim layouts (shame, I really like the slim layout too).
  20. helloq24

helloq24 New Member

I have noticed that the phone operates slower with 6.1 also I think my bat life has seemed less, if thats possible?