Differences in 6.1 from 6.0 ???? Bugs ???? Post 'em here

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by mexiken, Jul 30, 2008.

1. codiac2600

codiac2600 New Member

GPSID does not seem to function what-so-ever in 6.1 and I liked how well the GPS sparked when it functioned.....
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Really ???? Works great for me !!!!
  3. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

No problem here either
  4. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Ok, first big problem. I cannot get ICS to work anymore, like its mentioned earlier, there is probably instruction that checks for tethering. So thats gone

Worse though, I can't get my phone to see the device as a modem !!!! Don't know if the device is to blame, or the laptop, or the update. So I can't set up via cable DUN.

Can anyone point me to the thread of the Bluetooth DUN ???? I really don't feel like searching around for it and reading a bunch of threads, my eyes still hurt from last night :frown:
  5. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

Has anyone actually tried to make a phone call??

:gasp: Just wondering :tounge:
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

How about if I just paste the instructions I have saved in my comp:

You can build a dialer using a bluetooth connection
    Phone number *99#
    username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Then under the tcp/ip settings use opendns (I tried it using normal and it was slow, also consider this if you are not using ATT dns they might not even know that you are dialed in)
    Using dial up networking.

You have to create a dial up networking first on your laptop and then get the phone to detect the laptop. Create a security code 000000 both devices and then the computer and the Q will ask you if its ok to always to accept this connection, say yes. After you have it built then dial up. If that works then adjust the speed look for the configure button 921600 bps.
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I dunno if I am going to keep 6.1
    Just the fact that I cant use the Internet Connection Tool as I did in 6.0 is a real isue for me. No Wi-Fi to sweeten the pot either.
    Fancy sliding panels?? meh.. with Facade all the information is immediately viewable on one screen

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Mexiken making this available to us, but I havent really seen anything in 6.1 to make me feel like I gained anything. I was truly hoping that Wi-Fi would be there, that alone would have been enough for me to keep 6.1.

In any case, I have a new - well refurbished - q9h coming in the mail from AT&T so I will have to reinstall the 6.0 rom anyway. In the meantime I will keep playing with 6.1, maybe it will grow on me.
  8. RedScare

RedScare New Member

Can't get Blackberry Connect software to install and run properly on 6.1.

:(
  9. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

Try here:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9h/tethering-moto-q-9h-with-at-and-t-13976.html
  10. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Question about the blackberry connect software... if I get it installed will using it incur any charges from AT&T?
  11. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Yup, Verms and I had discussions on the phone. Radio sounds better. They tweaked something in there.
  12. RedScare

RedScare New Member

You must have a Blackberry plan in order to use the BB Connect software.

Works just great on 6.0, but so far no luck on 6.1.
  13. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH..Wouldnt that be the funniest thing. We're all here fussing over cosmetic changes and unbeknownst to us.......... the actual phone function doesnt work.... bwah hah!!!!
  14. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Apart from the 'to do or not to do' question on Facade, the 6.1 (touchwood!) has gone along quite well.

• 1. Phone calls: Not a problem. The phone still works as a phone! Possibly a tad clearer and crisper
    • 2. ActiveSync: Don't know if it's just me, but the whole 'hook-up to sync'd' process appeared to be much quicker. Even with One Note mobile syncing on my Q9H.
    • 3. Modem: I use ATT Communication Manager. Switched the phone's USB connection to |Modem|. CommMgr saw it, initialized it, I hit |Connect| and I'm on the net via Q9H. In fact, my Comcast cable internet dropped service for about an hour and all that time the Q9H worked great.
    • 4. Browsing: Tried MediaNet/Opera as well as IE. Both worked as they should.
    • 5. GPS: Initially I installed (since I had the cab file ready) GoogleMaps and tested the GPS. Here again, the Q9H seemed to lock into the satellites a lot quicker than in 6.0. I then d/ld and installed WindowsLiveSearch and tested the GPS. Again the speed in which the GPS locked in was pleasantly surprising.
    • 6. Media Player: In 6.0 I hated playing any video on the WMP. Video seemed like stop motion films. Video showing one thing, Audio doing another. Same videos running pretty smoothly. I'll still be installing CorePlayer though. Too good an app to ignore.
    I just need to learn how to tweak it so that I can get the small program icon shortcut along the top. That's where the Facade debate crops up.

Like I said, SoFarSoGood (touchwood!):laugh2:

:2cool:
    R J
  15. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I'm concerned that if I use AT&T communication manager I will get pegged for tethering.
  16. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Really ???? I shall try AT&T Communication Manager, cuz its not working for me, the modem part.
  17. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Yup. After reading your post, thought I'd make sure that it is STILL working.
    I am posting this while on my Q9H's ATT Comms connection.

So, yes..
    SoFarSoGood!

:2cool:

R J
  18. codiac2600

codiac2600 New Member

Never mind I foolishly went too fast and picked port 1 of hardware and not software.
  19. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Assuming that you just reinstalled the BB software you already had from 6.0, you should try downloading BB software using the link in the start menu (get 'blackberry connect) under IM & Email folder. It could be an updated version for use in 6.1.
  20. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Initially installed Facade but love the sliders with NRG Mini Weather so have now uninstalled it. I have one slider with URL,s for wunderground.com (my favorite), Stock Market, plus others. Also a slider for apps and one for fave contacts.

This does it all for me with the local temp, messages and next appointment on the first 3 slides. That show on the first view.