Did you know...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jerryjr, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Xian

Xian New Member

you only have to hit home once, followed by the space bar to lock the keyboard.
  2. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

When I tried to use the default speed dial key, I went to Settings...Call Options like you stated but it would not allow me to put a pause behind my number. When I created a separate contact named voicemail I was able to insert a pause and then key in my password followed by the # sign and it worked.:smile:
  3. drgracr

drgracr New Member

Also, if you want to make your "automatic voicemail login" work while roaming (sometimes it takes longer to connect to voicemail when roaming, so the pauses may not be long enough) you can use a w (wait) instead of the p (pause). Then, just hold the speed dial, wait for the voicemail to answer, and hit enter. The passcode will be entered automatically.

I have alltel and my string looks like this:

xxxxxxxxxxw#pyyyyy

xxxxxxxxxx is my mobile number (I don't know if alltel has a short code or not, but even if they did, it might not work while roaming. yyyyy represents the passcode. When you call your own number, after the greeting starts you have to hit # before it asks for the password. I have the p (pause) for the time the system is saying "please enter your password"

I hope that's useful for someone :D
  4. wrzt

wrzt New Member

You can also press the Enter (Return, Mac users) key on the keypad to accomplish this
  5. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Several ways. If the Profile plug-in is on your home screen, select it, then the profile you want. Or you can press and hold the Home button, then select the profile you want. My preference is to use phomeAlarm.
  6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 New Member

Facade is great for this. It puts a profile shortcut on the home screen that also displays the current selected profile.
  7. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

I have had the profile shortcut w/out having to install facade. Its definitely the quickest way to change also, just click on the profile on your Q and the list pops right up.
  8. scottjb

scottjb New Member

As mentioned above, Facade does not do this, it just uses the built-in Profile plug-in in the home screen layouts that come with it.
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

or just tap it twice and it will stay on...you can do the same with the CAPS key...:tounge:
  10. justpar

justpar New Member

Shortcuts or Speed Dial

You can shortcut to things by adding a "speed dial" From the start menu, select the application you want to shortcut to and hit menu, then add speed dial.

11. eatSleepLaxSoccer3

eatSleepLaxSoccer3 New Member

multimedia

did you know...
    you can play internet radio stations on windows media player mobile. find an internet radio site you like and click the link to play it and it will open in wmp. try to find radio streams that are lower quality like less than 100 kbps. www.reel2realradio.com is good for hip hop and rap

you can play google, youtube and other internet video sites by using orb
    you can also access all media on your always on PC through orb, as well as any other file (it cant play your protected itunes purchased files, however) go to www.orb.com to sign up and download it to your pc, it's free!
  12. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Tuned.mobi

Yes, I did. :wink: And, if you go to Tuned.mobi, you can get links to lots of radio stations in the English-speaking world that stream.

Steve
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

make sure you select the "Automatic" profile in order for it to change when there is a meeting in your calender.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*BIG* (full screen) photo caller id

did you know...

that at this point the only way to get a larger picture of a inbound or outbound caller is to use Photo Contacts Pro.

and also.... buy it through EverythingQ (link) to show your support.

thanks.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

home screens

did you know...

EverythingQ has a impressive list of download'able home screens, follow this link to view the list...

did (also) you know...

that this thread is not really for asking questions.. we have other forums/areas for that.. (doing it here clutters the thread)
  16. wil

wil New Member

did you know that when programming your VM password, you can simply use the P & W buttons for pauses and waits....
  17. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Did you know...

That many sites are adapting to mobile phones.

When typing a url into your phones address bar put m. before the rest of the address and you will go to their mobile friendly site.

I/e: m.yahoo.com

It's faster loading too, without all the graphics.

Hope this works for all of you.
  18. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Mobile Sites

They've been adapting for years. There are JavaScript tricks that allow detecting what browser you're using (Everything Q uses that), there are CSS tricks that you can use (for example, visit http://www.svvg.biz in a PC browser and then your device and notice how the navigation bar changes from the left to the top) and there's the .mobi top-level domain meant for mobile sites.

Also, there are Web proxies you can use that reformat sites (like the Google Web Reformatting Proxy). You can find a decent list of proxies at my site's Mobile Sites section.

Steve
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i believe that is answered in the hacks section

-Sent from my Q
  20. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Cool Tip

Hey all,

When you hit the spacebar or the talk/send button from the homescreen to bring up recent history, you can also start typing in ANY name in your contacts directory and it will search just as if you had gone to the regular 'contacts' screen to search for an entry.

In addition, more than one entry may come up - for example, searching for MATT would bring up recent calls as well as the generic MATT contact entry (has a business card icon next to it)

Have Fun,

Matt!