Did you know...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jerryjr, Jun 26, 2006.

1. heycow

heycow New Member

Yes...sort of. :smile: When you're viewing your contacts, highlite the one you are interested in and press the right/left arrows until the number you want shows up (w, m, h, etc). That will become the new default number for that contact.
  2. Kennyb123

Kennyb123 New Member

If you use QCaps, which is HUGELY recommended by just about anyone that likes to type remotely fast... the space bar is where the underscore is hidden. With QCaps, you just hold the space bar down for maybe a half-second, and boom, there's your underscore. A great purchase..for only 12-15 dollars.

Another great feature of QCaps? Double tap the spacebar at the end of your sentence, and it puts the period in automatically, and then puts in 2 spaces. It also automatically capitalizes your next letter typed. PRICELESS!
  3. VegasJ

VegasJ New Member

you can.... but to unlock it all I have to do is hit the softkey under 'unlock', then the screen promts you ...

'Press the "*" key to unlock the phone'

home, spacebar locks without needing the password to unlock.

I locked it by holding home and then D for lock phone.... then you HAVE to enter the password to unlock, the * won't do it like you can by home then spacebar.... interesting
  4. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

You're talking about the Device Lock, NOT the Key Lock. Two very different things.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

there are two different locks on the Q, 1) a keyboard lock (the one you are talking about) and 2) a device lock, which prompts you for a password to unlock it.
  6. msswitch

msswitch New Member

There's a speakerphone button on the keypad of the Sprint version. It looks like a pac-man and its directly below the "." key on the bottom row - farthest to the right.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

according to the Q Wiki that is the Voice Recognition key... i used it all this time as the Speakerphone key :}

did you know...
    if you move the Voice Recognition.lnk in the start menu to a folder the Voice Recognition key will not work anymore :}
  8. cajunlibra

cajunlibra New Member

Also, the Return key is the same as "=". I wish they had made the "." work as the decimal. It's annoying to have to hit the softkey then scroll to pull it up. Anybody know a way to hack this in the registry?
  9. lopez096

lopez096 New Member

To use the "." with out having to navigate the menu thing, just press the ALT key, everytime you pop up the Calculator. After that I can still use the numbers, and to insert a decimal all I have to do is press "." Took me about a month and a half to figure this one out.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and it is common knowledge by now i guess that you can also use the D-pad to add (up), subtract (down), multiply (right) and divide (left)
  11. Stealth

Stealth New Member

GoogleMaps

This probably belongs in software forum, but there is no Did you know:

Did you know in Google maps if you hit Atl * you can arbitrarily mark a starting and ending point that is not a street address in your contacts or any address you manaully typed in. Then it will draw the route to/from. Then it will calculate distance and estimated time between the 2 points.
  12. bcherry

bcherry New Member

not sure i know the definition of a "hard reset" but to do a total reset (i believe it would be called master reset) at a time when your phone is totally locked, i.e. can't use the keyboard or access any of the menus or anything... press and hold the Red End button and the middle silver button at the same time for like 5-10 seconds, it will prompt you if you "want" to do a master reset. Hope this one wasn't already know and obvious....

Long time lurker... 1st post!!!! I love this site and my Q!!!!!
  13. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Did you know..

.. that you don't have to hit the "Unlock" softkey before entering your passcode when unlocking your Q?

As soon as you see your homescreen, just start typing your passcode!
  14. theicepelican

theicepelican New Member

Did you know?

There's another way to 'master reset' your Q?

1. Shut the phone off
    2. Press and hold the center silver button while turning the phone back on
    You will get a black screen with green text that simply says "MASTER RESET" with yes under the left soft key and no under the right
    3. Choose yes and it will reset very similar to the one done inside the windows interface, but perhaps it is a bit more thorough
  15. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Did you know...

My turn...

Ok, did you know that if you are in the calendar, and you want enter a new appointment, after you select "menu" "new appointment" you can hit 'return' key and it will pull up a list of suggestions for the start of your subject line, ike "meet with" or "call" or "lunch" etc. I thought that was pretty cool.

I L-O-V-E how easy this syncs to my Outlook Calendar. I remember back in the day I had a Palm VII and I thought it was SO cool because it had a wireless internet connection, but it totally turned me off to every having a pda again because the outlook sync sucked so bad. I love this thing!

~D
  16. theicepelican

theicepelican New Member

i think its been said on this thread before but you can also press the button under the scroll wheel to bring you one step back
  17. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if your running a program and then hit the home button to do something else you should be able to (when your done doing your second function) be able to hit the shortcut for that program and go back to what you were doing...
  18. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Many apps reinitialize when you click on their icon again. Some do, some don't. There are several task switching programs out there if you search a bit. Vito task switcher, celetask, qoolapps switcher, etc. that allow immedate switching similar to Alt Tab in Windows.
  19. for q

for q New Member

try this link to dial letters. works great IMO
    http://live.boopsie.com/home/sdug.html
  20. for q

for q New Member

hit the shift key then you hit the decimal key and wham you have a decimal..