Did you know...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jerryjr, Jun 26, 2006.

1. tomeng01

tomeng01 New Member

Better Voicemail key

Did you know...

You can program your voicemail box code in your phone so you don't have to type it each time you call.

Create a new contact called 'Voicemail', list the work phone number as '*86', then select menu, Insert Pause (it might be necessary to insert two pauses), then type in your password, '0000', followed by '#'.

The final phone number should be '*86p0000#' Where the p is the pause and the 0000 is your code. Assign this as a speed dial (I use 3) and hold down the 3 key from the home screen and that's it.
  2. bmwbig6

bmwbig6 New Member

That works. But why not just add your voicemail passcode to the default Voicemail speed-dial key (1)? Just go to Settings > Call Options and modify your voicemail number exactly as you describe above. Then you don't need to waste another speed dial assignment. :)
  3. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Did you know there is a print screen program already installed on the Q. It is located in File Manager / Windows / prtscrn.exe
    I made a shortcut to this program to take screen shots of my home screen.
  4. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

I have been renaming the file that it produces so that the next time I use print screen it does not overwrite the previous file. Not sure its the best way but it works.
  5. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

The shortcut is in my start menu and it also shows up on the recently used bar of icons on the home screen. So when I need a screen shot of my home screen I just run it from there. I really have not figured out how to take screen shots of other screens. That may be tricky. Let me know if anyone figures out a better way.
  6. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Did you know...

.. when your Start Menu is in List View, you can scroll through the pages by hitting left and right on the D-Pad instead of having to hit the "More" softkey.

This also works to scroll through the Settings.
  7. MattB

MattB New Member

I just learned that using Facade you can hit the left and right dpad in the schedule to go through your entire calendar.
  8. Tedly

Tedly New Member

You can also use the navigation/center select key to do the same, but with the multiplication and division functions added; up and down do + and -, right does multiplication and left does division, with the center key giving you = result.
  9. IgotQ

IgotQ New Member

Headset Adaptor

If you have the Voice Recognition ON your headset adapter will not work.

You have to deactivate the Voice Recognition off in order for it to work.
  10. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

You can back up the messaging.lnk and create a new messaging.lnk that points to prtscrn. Then you can capture any screen by pushing the email button. :2cool:

Another did-you-know: you can block all the text in an input field by scrolling one character past the last character to the right (or left). Not sure how useful this is as it blocks most text as you enter the field anyway and you can delete the entire input by holding the BS without it being blocked.
  11. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

So this basically exchanges your email shortcut button to a print screen shortcut button? So if you want your email shortcut back, you have to restore the original .lnk?
  12. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Just rename the Messaging.lnk to Email.lnk. You can still access email via the Email.lnk on the start menu or homescreen shortcut. You must have a Messaging.lnk to keep your phone from crashing though.

It basically allows a global shortcut no matter where you are vs just homescreen shortcuts.
  13. qnoob

qnoob New Member

I'm such an idiot . . . it took my 8 days to realize that the "blue" circular motorola logo on the back of the Q and by the earpiece was actually a temporary protective blue film meant to be taken off. The circular logo is actually SILVER.
  14. evil247

evil247 New Member

That if you turn on the Flash for the camera and then switch to Video the flash will stay on. Could be used for some.....uhm nevermind.
  15. qnoob

qnoob New Member

Did you know . . .

. . . that in Active Sync, the device name format "WM_namegoeshere" is named after the 1st 12 characters of the username you've logged onto the computer as (ie, if you're logged in as "studboy69", Active Sync should show "WM_Studboy69").

I kept asking my other co-workers with Q's how'd they managed to name their phones these unique names when I suddenly felt the urge to slap myself when I realized I'm logged in as admin :foot:
  16. Lythium

Lythium New Member

I just changed my activestink username by searching the q's registry for the current display name which took me to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Ident\Name

I edited that value and reconnected the USB cable to PC. Now I'm no longer showing up as the name I'm logged into my PC as. :laugh2:
  17. bobbenedetti

bobbenedetti New Member

Agenda one from Developerone has a find feature that searches calendar, tasks and contacts
  18. mylkii

mylkii New Member

Did ya know....

When you record something in Voice Notes, you can set it as a ringtone...
  19. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Didn't see this exact one in here after a quick search on my Q, so if its a repost... my bad. But by default, the task manager is assigned 99 as a shortcut, so from the home screen if you press 9 (c) and then press 9 (c) again and hold, it will launch the Task Manager.

Just ran into that today and thought I would share. Sorry again if its a repost!
  20. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Interesting.... Maybe my phone's just special :) You could always just add the speed dial yourself, I just thought it was nice that it was already setup for me.