Did you know...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jerryjr, Jun 26, 2006.

1. zzap

zzap New Member

press <start] then scroll through to find & highlight the program you want to create a shortcut for... press [menu> and select Add Speed Dial - which allows you to give it a name and a keypad assignment (enter # between 2-99) - press <done]

if you assigned this to speed dial #4 - go back to the home screen try holding down the (4/s) key on the keypad for about 1-2 sec - this should launch that application.

zzap
  2. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

If you dig through the profiles (I always try everything on a new toy) and attempt to edit the "Automatic" profile, you get the following text:
    The Automatic profile switches between the Normal profile and the Meeting profile when the calendar indicates that the current time is busy.
  3. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Did you know?

The Q compresses photos two different ways. In a few instances ive tried to send pictures taken with my Q thru MMS and they have been over 300kb and it would not send them. If you conpose a MMS and then insert a picture from "your device" folder or "your storage card" it usually ends up being a couple hundred kb, but if you take a picture in camera mode and use the "send to" option from the drop down menu it majorly compresses the file. The picture that i just took, was 230kb, but when i sent it to mms it compressed it down and reduced the kb by over 50 percent!

Sent Via my Q! Laying in the hammock @ the shore
  4. Stryker

Stryker New Member

Pocket Internet Explorer

Found out by accident...press space bar to "page down" while browsing web pages:)
  5. frjps@mac.com

frjps@mac.com New Member

The email/light key...

Just learned this...holding down the email/light key turns the light off on the Q.
  6. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

" Did you know..."

.. when in Camera mode, Up and Down on the d-pad change the Zoom level (Still ONLY), and Left and Right on the d-pad change the Brightness..
  7. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Cut &amp; Paste

Vitocopypaste :thumbup: free and totally cool. vitotechnology.com Copy it to the phone, run it or put a shortcut in \windows\startup, hold the action key to bring it up. Run it again to unload it (but why would you?)

If you have the updated firmware, 2 & 8 do page up and down in PIE. Space goes to the end?
  8. spray

spray New Member

you can turn off that annoying beep that goes off every 15 minutes or so when you have an ignored message by going to settings, unread message alert, and choosing off.
  9. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Don't remember seeing this in there, but if you hold own a letter in a txt/e-mail msg, all variations of the letter wll be available to use (for typing in other languges)
  10. nismo334

nismo334 New Member

Network settings

To get into the diagnostics screen on the Q type ##* then SEND. It will give you your numerical reception. Interestingly a GPS data option is also there, but it's all blank or has 0 values, perhaps the next revision of the Q will have built in GPS? I would say it's likely.
  11. di_nate

di_nate New Member

did you know

that if you press start, and you only see 3 icons across per row, you do not have the newest version of the q and you should probably update.
  12. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

I recall reading in the manual that it isn't possible to charge the Q via the USB port, if the battery is completely drained.

So "no," I don't think your Q is abnormal. :)
  13. venezian

venezian New Member

Found this by accident...
    wont work/no point if you don't have a lot of people listed in the phone book.

when you're viewing contacts, if you hold down the "down" button on the navigation, after a few seconds, it'll stop scrolling and a small white box will appear with a letter/number once you choose the letter you want it'll jump to all the names that start with that letter.
  14. cameljok

cameljok New Member

yeah that works on the up and the down arrow. Also it doesn't matter if you have a few contacts or many because the box will appear after holding the up or down arrows after a few seconds...
  15. ddurda

ddurda New Member

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/manuals/Q_9500A11o.pdf This is the link to the pdf of the manual, the main page also has lots of helpfull info quick quides.

Deborah

Ok an my cool thing (from the manaual) is that if you press and hold the 1 button it dials your number to access voice mail.
  16. mikemcq

mikemcq New Member

I used to tork for VZW. They will NOT replace a unit you got second hand. We used to, in big old letters, note in the account CPE=Customer Provided Equipment. The only way they will replace it when not purchased from them, is if you bought it from an authorized,, i.e Best Wireless, and the reseller kiosks in malls and such. They will activate any phone you bring in as long as its compatiable on their network, as far as getting a replacement through them, i would say forget it. If you get them to, then you are a rock star:2cool:

Mike McQ---
  17. dumberphone

dumberphone New Member

does this work if you use goodlink? it isn't working on my phone and I am wondering if this is because I use goodlink.
  18. cycle53

cycle53 New Member

I have goodlink as well and hitting the space bar works fine for me.
  19. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

Answered this for you in your other post: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/motorola-q/please-help-2595.html
  20. CumulusWI

CumulusWI New Member

voice files in chat

When using Agile Messenger chat, when you hold down the return key, it automatically starts a voice recorder and then sends the voice file to whomever you are chatting with.