Did you get the Windows Phone 7 update?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Feb 21, 2011.

1. HCK

HCK New Member

Just got an update last night: OS version: 7.0.7008.0
    T_mobile HD7
    Still waiting for NoDo OS version: 7.0.7390.0*
    chris likes this.
  2. termleech

termleech Member

3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I took something different from that update. I think it means first half of April. I know it says 10 days, but I think they'll turn around this update ASAP. Plus, with MIX happening around the middle of the month, I don't think they want the lingering lack of NoDo update hanging over the conference.

It's probably wishful thinking on my part.
  4. johndandison

johndandison New Member

I got tired of waiting and forced my updates yesterday. Got both the Feb & March (NoDo) on my Focus. A word of caution: if you're planning on becoming a registered developer and dev unlocking your phone, don't install the ChevronWP7 certificate.
    When you try to do a legit developer unlock, the tool will tell you that it is unlocked, but it really is not. I'm assuming it looks for a cert from developerservices.windowsphone.com (regardless of source\legitimacy), and exits is found.
    The only way to get rid of it (that I could find) is to factory reset your phone. That said - the update does preserve over hard reset.
  5. Xebec

Xebec Member

I gave up on AT&T. I followed the instructions on XDA to get NoDo installed on my Samsung Focus.
  6. Gonzalo

Gonzalo Member

I received the Febuary update yesterday on my TMobile HD7. I guess the NoDo update will coming in the next few weeks.
  7. johndandison

johndandison New Member

My wife got the Feb update on her HD7 yesterday as well. Still no March update, although I think T-Mo said they're already actively pushing it out.
  8. Robert Wade

Robert Wade New Member

After getting the usual "we're working to make sure customers have the best experience from their phones" mantra I was fed up and followed the instructions for executing the pre-update and NoDo update, bypassing AT&T. No issues during the update and my Focus is very noticeably faster. And, oh my gosh, FINALLY I can get some real productive work done now that I can use copy & paste. Boy, what a pain it was without it.
    chris likes this.
  9. Gonzalo

Gonzalo Member

Well my phone is getting updated as I'm typing this out. Even though I dont care much for the copy/paste feature, I a interested in faster apps. We'll see how this goes.
  10. Robert Wade

Robert Wade New Member

I'm guessing by now you've either succeeded or failed at the update....don't keep us all in suspense. BTW, how have managed grabbing bits of text from, say, websites that you wanted to include in an email or a blog post on your device without copy & paste? Maybe I actually use my device for a wider array of functions than most, but I can't tell you how frustrating it's been if I needed to do things like that (I often shoot out quick blog posts from my phone) or copy & paste cells in spreadsheets.
  11. MrsMaynard

MrsMaynard New Member

Still waiting on my update, have an LG Quantum on AT&T...I've been waiting for awhile now and I'm getting pretty fed up, I have also greatly missed copy and paste and would have liked to use it quite a few times since I have had the phone, and I would really like to see this update go through to AT&T customers I mean everyone else already has it so what the heck is the deal? Give up the update already it seems like you've had plenty of time to check things over, it has missed several dates so far to be out!
  12. Seth Ramsak

Seth Ramsak New Member

So no one is having any issues with their phone by bypassing AT&T? Really considering it but just dont like the idea of all the software you have to download also im not really that computer savy.
  13. Seth Ramsak

Seth Ramsak New Member

Also does anyone know if by applying this workaround are you voiding your warranty?
  14. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

The instructions are pretty clear cut on the majority of website on bypassing so you shouldn't have a problem if you're not computer savvy. No issues for me, just another fed up user tired of waiting, I bypassed AT&T and updated my Samsung Focus. When the official update is out I might hard reset (wipe) my phone just in case (and hopefully I'll have a good SD card too at that time).

I'm not sure about voiding warranty by forcing the update...you're not exactly doing anything illegal software-wise. You're just using other means to update your phone (with an official update after all) just released in another country.
  15. Seth Ramsak

Seth Ramsak New Member

Thanks for your help Alec. My wife worked for AT&T about 4 years ago and advised me against it. Think ill be patient.
  16. Gonzalo

Gonzalo Member

@Robert Wade
    I guess I dont use my phone to its full potential or for anything else other than making a phone call, text friends/family, download free apps, and browse the internet for sports scores and daily news. Usually I'm not in a rush to send out info to friends and family. I'm in front of a computer all day, so that's how to send it. That's why not having the NoDo update wasnt a big deal to me. My phone still functioned for what I used it for. Since the update, I've used the cut/paste feature once...and that was just to test it.
  17. Jony

Jony New Member

18. Patrick Sullivan

Patrick Sullivan New Member

Waiting for the "normal" update and there's No NoDo yet for the T-Mobile HD7. Still stuck on February. Anybody on T-Mobile with NoDo that did NOT do some variant of the plug/unplug hack?
  19. JJTHENOVICE

JJTHENOVICE New Member

20. RobR

RobR Member

I hadn't checked for the update since I did the February update last week. Today I plugged in my T-Mobile HD7 to add some music and I immediately got a message that the March update was available. Went without a hitch.