Did you get the Windows Phone 7 update?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Feb 21, 2011.

1. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Sounds like you need an Android phone, where you get an update every week or two.

Looking from Microsoft's perspective, im not sure thats a good idea. Microsoft have loads of different hardware models, numerous manufacturers, and numerous Telcos. Co-ordinating all the testing across all those variations twice a year must be a challenge, doing it once a month would be a nightmare.

I would hope once Microsoft has decent handset numbers in the field, they can get a bit more support from both the manufacturers and telco's to improve the process, but i cant imagine that will be happening in the near future.
  2. DavidCo

DavidCo New Member

I had an android phone since it was released, up until Jan '11. I started with 1.5, went to 1.6, and never received another major update, so I had to do it myself with roms. Android phone hardware has more differences, manufacturers and carriers than MS. And it shows - lots of 'features' don't work on various android models. I don't want that, either.
    I don't mind waiting for an update, because i didn't buy the phone expecting one. I guess lots of people did.
    This doesn't mean the update process can't be improved, and yes, that they can happen more than twice a year.
  3. JJTHENOVICE

JJTHENOVICE New Member

I haven't recieved the pre NoDo update yet. Are they rolling that into the NoDo or what?
  4. DavidCo

DavidCo New Member

yes, you'll receive both with the update.
  5. The Sand

The Sand New Member

Thanks for the welcome!
    I still have not received the update, but am okay with that. I knew this OS was new, and that being an early adopter could and probably would present certain unknown "issues." I have learned that running with "new" requires patience. There is some serious bad press out there about the update issue - I thought I would post that I am currently happily using my WP7/LG Quantum without imploding and seething over lack of timely MS update ;)
  6. Jens Veraa

Jens Veraa Member

Attached Files:

7. nostrom0

nostrom0 New Member

I've tried this trick a few times with my trophy but haven't got it to work, will wait for the official update.
  8. ajayden

ajayden Member

cool but did not work on my Trophy
  9. termleech

termleech Member

Im installig NoDo on my Focus right now. I had to force it to update but its updating.
  10. RobR

RobR Member

Haven't got the NoDo yet but I've just installed the February update on my T-Mobile HD7, I suspect NoDo will be available anytime now.
  11. nostrom0

nostrom0 New Member

Update to NoDo now :)
  12. Patrick Sullivan

Patrick Sullivan New Member

Yay, the pre-NoDo arrived on the wife's HD7 today and the install was painless. No actual NoDo yet. I keep singing that song "Go nuts, donuts...", but it's not helping.
  13. kiddo

kiddo New Member

14. termleech

termleech Member

Those steps work but the important thing is to make sure your have unbranded your phone. If you haven't it wont work. Also timing is important with the update. I had to update to the February first then the march showed up.
  15. nostrom0

nostrom0 New Member

Those are the steps I done but I didn't use the Data Connection, done it with wifi. First tried it with the Data Connection but couldn't get it to update after about 20 tries, using wifi I got the update working after 2 tries.
  16. Jack L Bonner

Jack L Bonner New Member

Received the Feb update on my HD7! Don't see any difference but glad I got the pre-NoDo update
    chris likes this.
  17. JasonWP7

JasonWP7 New Member

No update here so far, just connected my phone to Zune and checked in the (update) tab. HTC Surround on AT&T. Does anyone know when AT&T is expected to release the update.
  18. Jack L Bonner

Jack L Bonner New Member

According to the update site, the surround is still in the first stage(testing). The HD7s are in the second stage(scheduling). That's why the HD7s are getting the Pre Update because the NoDo update will be avail soon.
  19. JasonWP7

JasonWP7 New Member

Just found that site Jack, thanks for the heads up. I guess for AT&T customers it's a matter of (Sitting Tight) So if T-Mobile is starting to roll out the updates, then AT&T should be next right. Does Verzion or Sprint have WP7?
  20. Klaus Ahrenkilde

Klaus Ahrenkilde New Member

I live in Denmark, both me, my wife and son, have LG Optimus wp7. Got the update last week.
    Running perfect.
    Why rush the NoDo even before the phones were running fine :)