Did you get the Windows Phone 7 update?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Feb 21, 2011.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

For those of you who received the update, did your phone notify you of the update?
  2. nostrom0

nostrom0 New Member

Nope, the phone did not notify me.
  3. Jens Veraa

Jens Veraa Member

My phone did notify me, but only once I connected it to my pc and Zune said it.. After that, the message on the phone popped up.. A bit too late in my eyes.
  4. JJTHENOVICE

JJTHENOVICE New Member

Has an AT&T Customer got an update yet? Also, has anyone who has jailbroke their phone and side loaded apps been able to update and stay unlocked and continue to use side loaded apps?????
  5. chris

Nothing here. I just checked.

You bring up a good question. I think it relocks it and you will not be able to sideload apps. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember seeing that somewhere.
  6. Soylent

Soylent New Member

Still nothing on my AT&T Focus.
  7. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

I connected my phone to my laptop tonight and got prompted for an update, which has taken my HTC HD7 to OS version 7.0.7008.0.
  8. JJTHENOVICE

JJTHENOVICE New Member

I just checked my ATT Samsung Focus via Zune and still no update at 3:05 PM PST here in sunny California. Is this vapor ware?????
  9. Sleestak

Sleestak New Member

I just bought this phone after my iPhone 4 was stolen off of my desk at the office. We are an MS development shop so I've been wanting to check this OS out anyhow. [​IMG]
    So far I like it, but I was hoping for the update today because of some of the most obvious bugs. I can't imagine how you folks feel that bought the end of last year.
  10. Runningman

Runningman New Member

Does the iPhone not have a similar Find my phone feature to WP7? I have already read some great stories on how the WP7 Find the Phone feature has helped retrieve phones through theft, misplacing etc.

Maybe I have been lucky but in three months with my Focus, I have not had a single issue including the first update. I hope switching platforms works out for you.
  11. Sleestak

Sleestak New Member

Boy, how do I go into this huge story?
    We had a lowlife come into the office to pass out fliers. After he left, we started to notice that things were missing. I tracked him to the train station and he was on the other side of the tracks, saw us and ran. Later on, I saw that he was in a building nearby and went to the location with my friends. We called the police and had him stuck in there for about 45 minutes. He saw us and stayed hidden (it's a University of Phoenix building so many places to hide and watch us through the windows).
    Long story short...metro Miami, busy cops == they pulled a no show. The guy eventually figured out how the posse was hounding him and shut the phone off. Later that night it appeared again way down in Hialeah. I sent a "wipe" command at that point.
    I almost apprehended him!
  12. MrsMaynard

MrsMaynard New Member

No update here on my LG Quantum on AT&T, will everything be on my phone like it was after the software update? if not how do I completely back it up?
  13. chris

Good morning. Still stuck at 7004. NoDo nowhere in sight.
  14. Sleestak

Sleestak New Member

15. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

NoDo has become NO!!! DOH!
  16. chris

No, Da... not winning.
    ninjaap likes this.
  17. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Looks like MS needs some tiger blood.
    chris likes this.
  18. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Not up to Sheen's standards? LOL
  19. chris

Neowin says it's delayed, this time by Microsoft. According to them, it'll be released later this week. Tomorrow is Wednesday, so we're rapidly approaching the end of the week.
  20. MrsMaynard

MrsMaynard New Member

I have a feeling it's going to keep getting delayed and I haven't even gotten the "pre" update yet, marketplace freezing up is really getting on my nerves!