Did you get the Windows Phone 7 update?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Feb 21, 2011.

1. JJTHENOVICE

JJTHENOVICE New Member

2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I was just about to jump on the unofficial path to upgrading, but then saw that story. I've waited this long, so might as well hang in a bit longer. :(
  3. termleech

termleech Member

Yea, I'm tinking a lot of FUD on this one. Microsoft is probably a) ticked that someone used their own tools to update and b) they probably had to because of AT&T.

If you look over at the XDA forums you'll notice people who used it and have still gotten the carrier update notifications. Plus the developer (Chris Walsh) plans on releasing the source code. According to the reports it uses MS own servers so their reasoning is interesting. Plus who at MS said it and it also says "MAY." Sounds a lot like a CYA.
  4. chris

I agree. For those who have updated, I probably wouldn't worry much. If you haven't yet, this might be a reason to hold off.
  5. MrsMaynard

MrsMaynard New Member

Guess I'll be waiting till whenever...I hope it arrives in a week or less, that would be nice...
  6. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Even though my phone provider (O2 UK) are still listed as "scheduling" on the Microsoft update page, Zune offered me the March update.

So far, very little has changed, some app performance is definitely faster, thats about all i've noticed.
  7. Jerro sia

Jerro sia New Member

im now updated with the latest version.. i have the copy and paste thing.. im in the philippines
  8. Jack L Bonner

Jack L Bonner New Member

Since I have the HD7, i got the update! Its very nice... Long waited and I think everyone will enjoy it.
  9. yoninrod3

yoninrod3 New Member

I got the AT&T's bypassed update about 4 days ago and so far so good.
  10. Patrick Sullivan

Patrick Sullivan New Member

Got the official (no monkey business) T-Mo NoDo update notification . No issues with the install.
  11. Redux7

Redux7 Member

I've lost faith. Why havent I been updated yet. Samsung O7 (T-mobile) UK , I believe. In Thailand...I tried the monkey business way and no luck. I tried it for days. Will just wait. MS needs to get their game together and have a seemless update process for all users.
  12. MrsMaynard

MrsMaynard New Member

I'm getting really upset, and losing all hope...it is almost the middle of April and not any indication that the update should roll out soon, I will really think twice about ever getting a windows phone again.

LG Quantum AT&T
  13. Seth Ramsak

Seth Ramsak New Member

Just got the new app, Dude wheres my update? I have a focus on AT&T its telling me the February update is still in testing. Oh well maybe ill get it by Christmas.Did I mention I bought my phone in late February. Thanks for the customer service AT&T. sheeesh! btw So glad i didnt do that chevron7 crap after all the news thats been coming out on it.
  14. termleech

termleech Member

Don't use Chevron, use the original method of "tricking" the phone. It uses the zune to update the software so it can't possibly have the same issue (unless the issue is with the Zune software itself). I've done it and it works 100% of the time.
  15. chris

16. JJTHENOVICE

JJTHENOVICE New Member

Just dowload and installed mine on my ATT Samsung Focus..... Went smoothly. Now, where's Mango:D
  17. chris

Same here, on both fronts. Took about 40 minutes for my update to complete. I had to update my Zune software prior to installing the updates.

For those curious about the process, here's a quick and easy guide that might be helpful.

How to install the NoDo update to your Windows Phone 7 device
  18. MrsMaynard

MrsMaynard New Member

So very happy, update went great...took about 30-45min but well worth it! Now I can't wait for Mango! Would be a good Xmas present!

LG Quantum AT&T
  19. Seth Ramsak

Seth Ramsak New Member

So glad yours is going smoothly! Im on my third attempt. had to delete ie history search history and remove some of my7 apps talk about a P.I.T.A. Hopefully the third time is a charm.
  20. MrsMaynard

MrsMaynard New Member

Wow hopefully, I would have been so mad if it didn't go right the first time after already waiting so long for the update, good luck!

My phone is faster now, I'm all giddy...now bring on Mango!