Did I screw myself? No Broadband available

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by sweetcrash, Aug 26, 2007.

1. sweetcrash

sweetcrash New Member

Did I screw myself? No Broadband available

So I ordered my Q a few days ago thinking that it would be so nice to be able to check my e-mail and browse the net from my phone.

Leave it to retarded me to not check the coverage. I realized Sprint's "near broadband speed" coverage area excludes where I live. So did I just waste my money? I have an unlimited data plan, but I've never had Sprint and never had anything but a regular phone. Will I still be able to check my e-mail, instant message and browse the internet at decent speeds? A comparison to 56k dial up would be great, since that's what I use at home (you have to love living out in the country).

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
  2. daggett003

daggett003 New Member

I have a Sprint Q and I gotta tell ya it is tough to tell. I have used my phone in areas that Sprint has deemed "Broadband" like speeds and sometimes it is great andd sometimes not as great. THe same goes for areas the are dubbed "near broadband" speed.

In most areas, my phone is almost always faster than a dialup 56K modem even on web pages with a lot of media.

I have also used my phone as a modem (tethered it to my laptop via PDAnet (Great Program by the way!)) and it runs at ~2.4 Mbps in an "near broadband speed" area.

Bottom Line...I don't think you have screwed your self... at least not totally:wink:

Hope this helps you out!
  3. boomhower

boomhower New Member

I have not used Sprint's "slow" internet but when I was on AT&T I was stuck with the older slow internet(this is the main reason I switched). It was slow but I you stick to sites intended for mobile browsers you should be ok. If you try to load up media intense pages it can be a bit slow. But considering that your used to dial-up it may not be a considerable of a difference to you. I hope you enjoy your new Q.