Did anybody try Youtube Mobile?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by RBJ, Jun 18, 2007.

1. adder

adder New Member

I ran into the same error... i ended up zipping that one file and then copying the zipped folder to the phone. I was then able to unzip the .dll to the windows folder from the phone using Total Commander.

I havent had chance to test it yet as i do not get any cell service at my house and wont be able to try it till tom AM.

The .dll is certainly there in the windows directory.

Hope this helps..

Best Wishes
    Adam
  2. geoff101

geoff101 New Member

ohhhh...got it....I have a sprint q, i had to zip up the .dll files...copy them to the windows folder, then unzip them there and click on each one and extract them at the same time(probably what some folks are missing) and go through them all one by one...(only 10 or so files)...then FINALLY they showed up in that directory....then it worked like a charm...but much to my disappointment I did a search for Schwetty Balls and it didnt come up....c'mon mobile youtube...give us Schwetty Balls!
  3. crypto

crypto New Member

Wait a minute, first thing first .. is the file VerInfou.dll already existing on your Q handset under \Windows directory?

If YES, then do not copy the VerInfou.dll from your extracted YouTube Tools in your desktop.

If NO, then follow these simple steps:
    1. On command prompt (Start\Run\cmd.exe), go to your extracted YouTube Tools\DLL folder.
    2. Type "attrib -S VerInfou.dll" (without quotes).
    3. This will clear the System attribute of the file.
    4. Copy the VerInfou.dll now from your desktop to your Q handset \Windows directory.

Hope this will help anyone having the same problem.
  4. Eleven_Eleven

Eleven_Eleven New Member

Im a very new user on this forum and to smartphones in general the q is my first one so please bear with me. I intalled the .cab and all the .dll's fine, but when i go to play a video the player comes up tries to connect and replies with failed to find network. I have full reception and the rest of the internet works fine. is this a problem that i can fix or something simply wrong with the site?
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

try to restart the Q

-Sent from my Q
  6. lexluthor

lexluthor New Member

I got it working, no problem.

Is there any way to fast forward? When I click to the right, it toggles on/off the sound.

Also, are there any ways to access the full screen icon that's on the bottom left or do you have to do full screen through the menu system?

This is very nice though.
  7. johnasp

johnasp New Member

or try this

I dont know if anybody mentioned this before but try www.tinytube.com, they reformate youtube for your mobile phone
  8. johnasp

johnasp New Member

ooops

That's www.tinytube.net
  9. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I'm using Altel, so it shouldn't be the carrier.
  10. Eleven_Eleven

Eleven_Eleven New Member

thanks it works great now, now if i could only figure out how to get it full screen.
  11. Hellu

Hellu New Member

Once video is playing hit the right soft key and theres a menu with the option to go full screen, least it's that way for me.
  12. bann3d

bann3d Member

Thanks for the great post and info. it worked perfectly. Just a quick tip for people who couldnt find their windows folder on the Q, you need to click Tools in the task bar of your Q folder, click "Folder Options", and then the "View" tab and make sure the "show hidden folders and files" option is checked. I'm sure most people it have it as hidden. Hope that helps some of you.

Also, does this application work on any other websites, or just Youtube Mobile? Would be nice to get a list of them if it does. Thanks.
  13. carlos2008555

carlos2008555 New Member

i got mines to work fine with sprint. the thing is that you must click on the pic not hte word link. and also when i application kill the player my q freezes does that happen to any1?
  14. crypto

crypto New Member

no, i never experience any freezing when killing the player.
  15. carlos2008555

carlos2008555 New Member

it leaves the task manager as if it was up n it jsut doesnt let me do anything and also when i go to the youtube site i keep getting the we recommend you to switch to unlimited data plan. i have unlimited data plan how do i get through that to get ot the other vids?
  16. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

has anyone tested this on other sites ..... if so let's get a list going
  17. jarcher2828

jarcher2828 New Member

how to fix

I was getting this error to. Try this:

Open your explorer through active sync
    Make sure to have it set to view hidden files and folders
    disable "read only" and drop the verinfou.dll Directly to the windows file.

This fixed it perfectly for me and works great
  18. muscles007

muscles007 New Member

Hi, I've been reading all of these posts, trying to follow correctly. However, I got to the rapidshare page to download this and it told me my downloads have been exceeded, wait 69 minutes if i want to use the free download. I HAVE NEVER DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SITE IN MY LIFE. is there something else i'm supposed to be doing like paying for it instead of getting the free .rar download. Please help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.:angry:
  19. carlos2008555

carlos2008555 New Member

you prob share an internet with some1 lik aol. try usin internet explorer.
  20. Volatol

Volatol New Member

Trouble with 1st step

How come when I go to download the file I only get the .RAR file? Shouldn't I be getting a zipped folder that I need to extract with .dll files like mentioned in previous posts? When it asks where you want to download it from-is there a certain one I need to click on? Help please