Did anybody try Youtube Mobile?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by RBJ, Jun 18, 2007.

1. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Didn't work, I reset... I click the video and it says connecting at the bottom of IE, the bar goes all the way across, then nothing. Does it play in WMP in yours or TCPMP?
  2. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I didn't overwrite any DLLs either. :(
  3. crypto

crypto New Member

too bad it didn't work on your phone, mojo ...

The video(s) that you're going to view on youtube will not play on WMP and TCPMP either. As my previous post, the instruction tells that you will know if you have a working installation if you see an icon named "Streaming Media" -- this is the default application that will be launch if you click the video link in YouTube, not WMP/TCPMP.

Please let us know how we can help you further.
  4. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I could do a master reset, but man that's a pain in the ass. Is there a good way to backup your contacts?
  5. crypto

crypto New Member

You can if you synch it with MS Outlook and check the Contacts tick box on ActiveSynch

Or better, using Sprite Backup.
  6. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I don't use OUtlook. Are there files on the Q that I can save that hold my calender and contacts? Might be a good topic for a new post.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

another member said if you find the pim.vol file that holds the contact/calendar info...although i have not done this or tested this...
  8. norcatalyst126

norcatalyst126 New Member

Will this download work on WM5??

If so....I am totally clueless on how to extract this RAR and CAB file....I have WINRAR...but no idea what to do and where to put these files and how to open them...and well, i'm just COMPLETELY lost!!!!...Can someone please help me!!!
  9. Justinxpx109

Justinxpx109 New Member

Can someone help me out? I can't get verinfou.dll to copy to my phone. It says make sure your device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set to read-only, and that you have permission to this file type. What do I do?
    Btw I cannot see the windows folder from my computer so I have to copy it to another folder and move it from my phone. How do I make it so I can see all files and folders on my phone.
  10. norcatalyst126

Should anyone out there get REALLY bored...and feel like making a tutorial/step by step thread on how to work this program.....It would be SOOOOOO helpful and VERY MUCH appreciated!!!!
  11. Justinxpx109

Justinxpx109 New Member

Never mind. I got everything to work. This is awesome. :smile:
  12. crypto

crypto New Member

Of course this tip will run on WM5 / WM6 devices.

Okay, to those who are confused on how to get this thing to work:

1. After you download the YouTube_Tools.rar on your machine (Desktop/laptop), extract the file using WinRAR on any folder (it will create a folder named YouTube Tools).
    2. There will be 2 folders there, the CAB and the DLL.
    3. You will upload the .cab file on your Q using ActiveSync, place it anywhere on your Q but I prefer to place it on your Storage Card for future use.
    4. After you placed the .CAB file on your Q, locate it via File Manager, install it like the way you install any .cab files before.
    5. It should be successful before proceeding to the next step.
    6. See it there's a new icon on your Q that says "Streaming Media", if its visible then you successfully installed the cab file.
    7. Do not run yet the Streaming Media application.
    8. Next, go back to your desktop where you extracted the YouTube Tools, go to the DLL folder that contains some .dll binary files that we need to placed on your Q.
    9. Select all the DLLs on your Windows Explorer, Ctrl+C to copy all files on the clipboard.
    10. On your Q, browse to \Windows directory.
    11. Ctrl+V from there to copy the files from the clipboard.
    12. If the system asks you if you like to override existing file. Please select NO
    13. That's it, go to http://m.youtube.com and select a sample video to play.
    14. The selected video will AUTOMATICALLY be played on Streaming Media application that you installed on step #4.

Hope this step-by-step will be helpful to others.
  13. abrigham

abrigham New Member

Sweet! I'll have to give this a shot when I get home this evening... would do it at work, but RapidShare appears to be blocked by my corporate proxy :(
  14. Justinxpx109

Justinxpx109 New Member

Are there any keys for fast forward and rewind?
  15. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ New Member

I think I lost the link to the YouTube_Tools.rar file ... can someone re-post? Thanks!

-TP
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its still in the thread...check a few posts above or pages above
  17. chatmaster20

chatmaster20 Member

18. norcatalyst126

Thank you for posting the instructions!!!....I swear I followed them to a T....except for #12.....when I try to paste "VerInfou.dll" to the Windows directory on my Q, an error pops up saying Access is denied....any ideas???
  19. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Great instructions, too bad it doesn't work for me. Maybe you can tell me why it tells me Cannot Copy Verinfou.DLL: Access Denied.

It copies all other DLLs fine and I don't overwrite any, and it does ask if I want to on about 4 of them. I did a master reset and it still gives me the error on that one file. Already tried redownloading. When I install the program after pasting the DLLs it does nothing when I click on the video. Also, it does show the prog icon ib my prog list, but when I click on it, it tells me it can't find the program or a library file.
  20. pozer07

pozer07 New Member

I did the same... master reset and everything..... I get the same error on VerInfo.... I am using Sprint Q if that helps