Device stopped connecting to the internet (3G)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by method8, Jul 14, 2009.

1. compman72

compman72 New Member

I really doubt that the Bing or Google Maps could be causing the intermittent operation of network access if the program is closed. But then again.........

For the last 3 hours mine is working fine - that is the first (on 3G) too.:gasp:
  2. compman72

compman72 New Member

I will uninstall Bing to see if this makes a difference. With you being on Sprint and some of us others on ATT it makes me wonder if this is really related to the Bing software.
  3. compman72

compman72 New Member

4. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

And, to add another HMMMMM . . . DSLreports. Isn't one of the blogs running a speedtest comparison, beginning with AT&T a few weeks ago, and lots of people using dlsreports and a few others (even 1 made largely for the iPhone)? I know I tested my Q9c during the first trials a few weeks ago (not sure if it correlates to the June 30 failure), and JUST tried them out also when the blog a few days ago asked Sprint owners to test, and my phone gets corrupted.
    Way odd coincidences.
  5. lhbalesjr

lhbalesjr New Member

Could one of these updates be corrupting WM Standard, or just Motorola phones?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that this is not the issue in my case, because the problem continued after a MASTER CLEAR and without installing any software. The only software on the phone is what was included with the firmware. I tried this to rule out any possibility of software conflicts.
  6. compman72

compman72 New Member

Update

I don't know what it was but ever since 6 pm on 8/6/09 everything has been working fine on AT&T 3G. I played with the internet and did email checks several times last night and it worked every time. This morning I checked it again and it all was working (3G) and even on the way in to work it worked fine. I have even turned off the phone and restarted it and everything is still good to go.

Last night I did remove Bing and all associated files even the old Live Search files.

8am everything is still good to go..................... until next time...........
  7. DariusX

DariusX New Member

Mine is still having the problem.
  8. lhbalesjr

lhbalesjr New Member

Things did seem to improve for me yesterday and this morning. There were still a couple of times that it woudn't connect, but right now it's OK. This is bound to be a network issue and AT&T probably knows that it is. Maybe it's bad for business if they admit it.

This problem may not be limited to the Q. I've seen some iPhone people complaining about connection problems too.
  9. compman72

compman72 New Member

I can agree with you - seems to be better.
  10. ProtoJMB

ProtoJMB Member

Yeah I have to say, I haven't had any problems starting yesterday either. I had talked to an AT&T rep in the warranty dept about the issue while getting my Q replaced (for an unreleated issue). Of course he didn't know anything about it, I did tell him though that it wasn't just me, and he's like "Oh well I will have to look into that then".
  11. jacket88

jacket88 New Member

Problem is back?

My AT&T Q9 Global is misbehaving again after a quiet day on Thursday. 8:30 am Eastern. How about the rest of you?

Restarting Opera worked this time, but this is annoying.
  12. compman72

compman72 New Member

Using Opera - and the built in email & so far so good - NW of Atlanta, GA :wink:
  13. compman72

compman72 New Member

Update!!!!!!!!!!

What ever the problem was....... AT&T will not own up to it at all - big surprise.

Everything seems to be back to normal again :laugh2: !!

I went on a trip (driving) from Atlanta, GA to Durham, NC. The net and email worked as it should. When I was in Durham I was expecting an email and every few minutes I did the send and receive thing and whala it worked every time.

Anyone else have any updates?