Device Lock and KeyLock?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by missvmckoy, Dec 30, 2007.

1. missvmckoy

missvmckoy New Member

Device Lock and KeyLock?

My old Q had both options. I could lock the keys when I put it in my purse and also have it set to password lock if I didn't use it for the set time. The device lock settings override the keylock on the Q9c. Now when I lock the keys it asks for the password too. I only want it to prompt for password after the set time is up. Is there any way to have both a device lock and a keylock on the Q9c?
  2. lodleader

lodleader Member

there should be an option to set "lock after X minutes of non-use"... maybe try that.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

the "old" Q has it.... it worries me that i hear so many things that seem NOT to be on the newer Q's..

could it be hidden somewhere and you haven't found it yet ?
  4. xgd

xgd New Member

Start > Settings > More > Security > Device Lock
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

on the Q9 ?
  6. lodleader

lodleader Member

yeah, my Q9C has it...
  7. xgd

xgd New Member

Yep
    It is on mine.
  8. JV956

JV956 New Member

it does have that option but the phone wont let you key lock the phone without locking the device. even if you put a delay of two hours it will still lock the device instead of locking the key pad.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sweet, thanks..
  10. lodleader

lodleader Member

Yeah, well it still have the problem the first Q had when you do a security lock on it you can move the wheel on the side and it changes your ringer volume...

never understood that...
  11. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

It's automatic for me to hit the home and spacebar to lock my keypad. I haven't looked at the device lock feature on the Q9c. Never used it before on the original Q.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good to hear that function is still there.. you never know, i may switch at some point (a year removed from New Every Two) and i use the keyboard lock alot...
  13. JV956

JV956 New Member

im da same way...i just use the key lock on my fone, device lock not really unless im travelling out of town
  14. Marshmallow713

Marshmallow713 New Member

I know the smarttoolkit has it's own set of auto-locking the key pad. If you got that you could use smarttoolkit to like your keys automatically and your Q's settings to lock the phone after a different amount of time. It's free software and it might be worth a try anyway.
  15. missvmckoy

missvmckoy New Member

So there doesn't seem to be solution to this problem? I know my Q9 has both the device lock and the keylock but it would be nice to use them both at the same time. Most times I slip the phone in my pocket or purse and keylock it but, if the device lock settings are turned on, the device lock takes over the keylock everytime. On the old Q, my device lock used to only kick it when I rebooted the phone or after the set time.
  16. missvmckoy

missvmckoy New Member

I might try smarttoolkit but I've read on here about people having problems with it.
  17. Marshmallow713

Marshmallow713 New Member

Mine works about 99% of the time so I guess it just depends. It makes using the Q 100% faster and easier and the one click task manager alone is reason enough for it. If it fixes your issue it's even more of a benefit, and besides, if it doesn't work, delete it :)
  18. missvmckoy

missvmckoy New Member

I'll give it a try and let everyone know.
  19. santana

santana New Member

been working on this issue my self and have not found a resolution.

i moved from the regular q to the q9m and this feature is indeed missing. frankly i dont see how any of you call ur selves power users if you dont auto device lock after 2+ hours. i lost my original q and was thank full for that feature because i knew my sensitive data could not be accessed.

anyway, smarttoolkit or what not utilizes the qs lock and doesnt have its own set of lock tools. it does have nice features like a screen saver and other neat things for the keylock but it still prompts for the password on every keypad unlock.

if anyone came across a solution to separate keylock from device lock i would like to hear it. very annoying that it prompts for a password when you only want to un lock the keys. listen to the time limit silly q9m!!
  20. Skv012a

Skv012a New Member

Space+Home=lock, but where in the world is * you need to unlock with? Or can it be remapped?