Desktop overwrote existing Contacts on Motoq9m?

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by kashusklay, Feb 4, 2008.

1. kashusklay

kashusklay New Member

Desktop overwrote existing Contacts on Motoq9m?

My MotoQ9m had existing contacts on the cell phone. I had two previous sync partnerships with two different machines (WorkLaptop1 and Work Desktop1) . Then, I installed ActiveSync on a third machine (Home Desktop1) and created a new partnership. While creating the new partnership, I removed the older partnerships because I left my job. Then, when I did a sync, I thought it would copy any NEW contacts FROM MotoQ9m TO Home Desktop1 Outlook Contacts and FROM Home Desktop1 TO MotoQ9m. Instead, it completely overwrote all my existing MotoQ9m Contacts with my Home Desktop1 Outlook Contacts and any contacts that weren't in my Home Desktop1 Outlook Contacts BUT WERE in my MotoQ9m Contacts are no longer there. Please advise if there is some way to recover and why it didn't synchronize, vs. overwriting.

Standby...more details coming...wanted to save it
    On ActiveSync 4.5, I went to Tools-Options and then selected the my partnership name (Windows PC 3) and click the Settings button. In the window, for "If there is a conflict:", I had "Replace item on device" but changed it to "Replace item on Desktop". However, that should only be for conflicts, meaning duplicate contacts.

Any idea on why ActiveSync overwrote all my existing contacts with the ones in Home Desktop1 Outlook Contacts instead of combining contacts from both and syncing it for both Outlook and MotoQ9m? Also, is there any way to recover my original contacts on my MotoQ9m before I synced with Outlook? Please advise. Thanks!
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

If I'm not mistaken, when your phone has sync relationships with multiple PC's, when you delete a partnership on your phone, a warning comes up and says that it will also delete all events/to do's/contacts which are linked to that partnership. If you deleted the old partnerships first, it would have deleted the events/to do's/contacts on your phone relating to the old partnerships. Did you sync your Q9m with your home desktop before you deleted the old work partnerships?