Delivery Report?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Jony, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Jony

Jony New Member

I just got a Samsung Focus, texting is great but I like having an option to know when my text messages have been delivered. Is there an option for this or maybe in a future update? Thanks!
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I do believe that delivery reports require carrier support as well, which I don't think AT&T does. I only base my assumption on the fact that I used to own a phone (Motorola Q) with delivery report options, which I turned on, and never received a single report. In fact, when those options were turned on it actually caused certain SMS issues. To make sure, I'd ask AT&T directly.
  3. Jony

Jony New Member

Alright thanks, actually I unlocked my phone and use T-Mobile, I expected to find an option in the message settings but it doesn't seem to offer anything...
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Ah. Gotcha. But since the Focus was made for the AT&T network, I doubt they will implement it. Unless, of course they include it with future MS updates. Only problem is delivery reports wasn't on the list of the upcoming NoDo update, which will probably come in March.
  5. Jony

Jony New Member

Ah I see, thanks. Only reason I like delivery reports is because I send a lot of international texts and I'd like to know when they receive them. I'll keep myself informed on the next MS update features. Thanks!
  6. ajayden

ajayden Member

You can goto settings>messaging. You should see the option for SMS delivery confirmation. Set it to "On" and see if it works.
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I don't have that option on my Surround. Which phone do you have, ajayden?
  8. Jony

Jony New Member

I don't have it either, all it shows is the SMS center number...
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I'm willing to bet ajayden has T-Mobile phone. So if that's the case, then I guess delivery report is already supported by WP7, but just depends if carrier has implemented on their phones.
  10. ajayden

ajayden Member

LOL No Ninjaap....I live in Singapore
  11. RobR

RobR Member

I have a T-Mobile HD7 and I can confirm that I also have the same setting available on my phone.
  12. Runningman

Runningman New Member

It definitely appears to be carrier specific. I have this option on my Focus in Canada.