Deleted email accounts/SMS keep coming back. Storage memory critically low. HELP!

Discussion in 'HTC Touch' started by 1life2live, Dec 5, 2009.

1. 1life2live

1life2live New Member

Deleted email accounts/SMS keep coming back. Storage memory critically low. HELP!

I have an HTC Touch running windows mobile. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure which "Touch" version it is. I bought it second hand from another American guy in China. I've had it for more than a year and now have come back to the US and have a plan with AT&T.

Within the last couple of weeks, I started to get the message, "Storage memory is critically low. If the storage memory is not increased.....". I found on a forum that I could delete the cookies that were stored from using the internet. That worked fine for a while but not that doesn't do the trick anymore.

Additionally, I use yahoo mail. Before, I had my settings to download every two hours, to download all text and no pictures, and to only download messages from the past 3 days. One day it started changing on me and started downloading all of my email messages. This again, filled up the memory on the phone and would not allow me to do anything. I deleted the email account, it freed up the memory, and then was later able to input the email information again. It would work again for about a day but then again, it started downloading all of my emails from my account to my phone.

It has gotten to the point now where I can delete the email account and it won't say that I have an account on my phone anymore, but it still says that the storage memory is critically full. After turning my phone off and on a couple of times throughout a day or two, the old email account will automatically appear again as if I had gone into the settings and added it again.

Also, my text messages, keep deleting all the way to a certain date. Right now it just happens to be 11 November. It has all of my text messages before that but none afterwards. Evertime I turn my phone on again, it has deleted all messages since then and only shows those pre-11 November. I have deleted all of those SMS messages, and after a day or so, they also reappear.

If someone has any suggestions, PLEASE HELP ME! I can't even use my phone now. Thanks.

Aaron