Delete Text Messages?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by BostonBoy23, Oct 7, 2008.

1. BostonBoy23

BostonBoy23 New Member

Delete Text Messages?

Is there a way to delete all the text message in my outbox or inbox? I can do it now but only 1 at a time, is there away to delete the entire contains in the folder?

I have the Verizon version if that matters....
  2. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Inbox Extender..I think its on rb's app pagw.
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

4. BostonBoy23

BostonBoy23 New Member

So there's not away to do this on the phone, you have to download and install and program. That kinda stupid, not sure why they would make it like that...
  5. henrylcr

henrylcr New Member

Wait, we're in the Q9c forum. Are we actually talking about a Q9c? With 6.1? If we are, go to your list of text messages, click Menu --> Select Messages --> All (or all below or several, whatever you want) and then hit delete. Voila, all messages deleted, no? Admittedly I haven't actually done this because I want to keep my text messages, but it certainly looks like it'd work.
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

The program suggested installs on the phone. Takes up very little space, and adds the "mark all as read" option along with the "delete all" option.

As a side note, this phone is great as is, but most of us have added programs to get it exactly as we want it...Add the inbox extender. You'll be glad you did! ;)
  7. 65heloguy

65heloguy New Member

you dont have to. just open your text program, hit menu-folders.
    once you are on the folders page, scroll down to the folder you want to empty, hit menu again, and delete all.
  8. BostonBoy23

BostonBoy23 New Member

Thank you so much!!!!!
  9. henrylcr

henrylcr New Member

I'm so confused. Again, Q9c? You can't clear the Inbox or Sent boxes from the folders list. I'm so confused. What phone are we talking about?
  10. 65heloguy

65heloguy New Member

it doesn't matter. all Q's have that option. once you get to the folders page, do not open the inbox folder. just scroll down to it so its highlighted, and then hit the menu key. you will see the option to delete all.
  11. henrylcr

henrylcr New Member

No, they don't. I'm looking at my Q9c with Windows 6.1 right now and I can't delete all messages in the inbox from the folders listing. The option to clear all messages is greyed out. However, from within the inbox, if I hit menu --> Select Messages --> All, then I can delete all messages. As I posted earlier. That's part of why I'm confused. On my phone it's painfully obvious how to get rid of messages so either I'm on a different phone from everyone else or I'm not really sure what. But on my Q9c with 6.1, you don't need inbox extender because you can delete all messages quite easily, same as if they were files youw were viewing in any file manager I've seen for the Q (or for the PC for that matter) but you can't delete all messages from the folders window.
  12. hcjake

hcjake New Member

Right below the greyed out 'clear all message' option there should be a 'delete all' option. my q9c with 6.1 has it, i'm looking at it right now

Attached Files:

13. henrylcr

henrylcr New Member

Weird, I don't have that option. Do you have the option to select multiple messages when you're in a folder?

What would "Clear All Messages" mean if there's also an option to "Delete All"?
  14. country911gal

country911gal New Member

When you open up a text message hit the menu button and go to folders. That will take you to a list of drafts, inbox, etc. Select your inbox, hit menu again and select delete all. It will delete all messages in your inbox. You can also use this for your drafts. Hope this helps!!