Data setting for GSM?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by igedoc, May 4, 2009.

1. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

You say potaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhto, I say potaaaaayyyyyyyyyto, eh? :) I'm just going by the IT indrustry standard that I've used for more than thirty years. If anyone wants to use alternate terminology, more power to their blessed little hearts. In the end, it IS what it IS . . . whatever IS, IS. Hehehehehehe . . . :) -Q
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Just to clear up: pulling the battery is NOT considered a "hard" reset. A master reset on all Q's except the Q9h is considered a "hard" reset. Side topic: a master "clear" on a Q9h is a hard reset.

A hard reset deletes ROM and reinstalls.
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

A "hard reset" is a "re flash" you are saying, yes ????? :) -Q

Read what you've just written, man . . . ummmmmmmm, ya might want to edit. (OR not.) :) -Q
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hey good catch :smile:

Yes, a hard reset is a re-flash.
  5. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

Master Reset
    To return your phone to original settings:
    1. Press the Left Soft key (Start)
    2. Use the directional key to scroll to System Tools and
    press the Center Select key to select it.
    3. Scroll to Master Reset and press the Center Select key.

Note:
    Master Reset does not reset the unlock code, security code,
    and life timer.

Hard Reset

To perform a Hard Reset, hold down the Center Select key for 5
    seconds while turning the phone on. Use the Side Directional keys
    to scroll to Continue Rebooting and press the Center Select key.

Caution: Make your password something you can remember!
    Without your password you can reset your phone, but you will lose
    your personalized settings and all content stored in phone memory.
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

On what phone is this what you say? :) -Q
  7. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

Quoted directly from the Napoleon manual.
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Never asked me for any code, never needed one. Hmmmmmm . . .And . . . I'm sure you realize that manual is only a draft, yes? Have no clue what the diff is between a Master and hard reset. They do EXACTLT the same thing on my Nap. Howabout yours? :) -Q
  9. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

Draft or not i haven't seen anything not hold true in the manual. I've Master Reset my Napoleon many times but never Hard Rest as i've never needed to. I can't remember if it asked me for the 000000 to tell you the truth. I take it Hard Reset resets the pass codes in case you forget your unlock code/password while Master Reset does not.
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

SOOOOOOOOO . . . if I was to "Master Reset" using the app in System tools, I would loose no data according to your instructions,Yes? AND . . . using the center key power option all is lost,yes? :) -Q
  11. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

No both ways you lose everything BUT only a Hard Reset will reset your forgotten/incorrectly entered password multiple times locked phone.
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Why is this so hard to comprehend? I think me and 51 are on the same page here... on the Nap: master reset equals hard reset. You lose everything. And yes 51, you are right, it does not ask for a password.

That's interesting... didn't know that. Wasn't it reported that if you enter the unlock password wrong ten times, it performs a hard reset? So it won't lock up right?
  13. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

Not sure there but i know for sure you can't Master Reset a locked phone can you? So there is a difference one way or the other.
  14. igedoc

igedoc New Member

well I thought that the wifi is working but I was mistaken. I had it connected with usb and everything was working. now I can't get any data through wifi. i get Connection Error "Login error. Ensure you have the correct login information and try again."

whenever I try to use IE or any data with wifi on, I see 2 arrows above the cell signal bars and then the error message appears. I know that my access point is working since I was able to connect yesterday without any problem. IP settings are right.

I tried to use airplane mode and no data through wifi although the device has IP address from the access point.

I am a loss. can the wifi antennae be faulty?
  15. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

If the 2 arrows are up by the signal bar that means it is trying to use data threw the carrier network. When you turn Wifi on does the little antenna pop up on the display right next to the signal bar? If so does it have a solid ring around the top of it if not then it is not grabbing your Wifi signal yet. I'd suggest manually turning off the broadband data coneection threw wireless manager, then turn Wifi on and get it working and you should be good to go. I highly doubt the Wifi receiver is bad but anything is possible I guess.