"Data call in progress" - Wireless Sync

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by rudeboy, Jun 27, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

"Data call in progress" - Wireless Sync

well... this blows, so i got Wireless Sync to work (last week) and today i noticed the "Data call in progress" icon ([​IMG]) this is not suppose to happen right, it should only be exchanging data when there is actually mail being pushed. so i turned of push in Wireless Sync but that's not helping me, ClientShell.exe keeps getting started and there is still the 2 arrows..

plus my battery is getting lower then it usually is around this time of day...

oh what to do.. gotta figure out how to stop ClientShell.exe from running, killing it doesn't help.. shortly after i kill it it starts again.
  2. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Clientshell will always run of you have Wireless Sync running. That's how it communicates with the WS server. The arrows only mean the data connection is open, not necessarily transferring at that moment. When you see the little PDA icon (placed over the cross hair) is when data is actually being transferred.

WS will drain your battery quickly if you have push enabled (as will Active Sync push).
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well, it didn't at first but starting today i see the PDA icon too often + like i said suddenly the battery is down to one bar (while usually at that time of the day i have at least 2)

so here's the million dollar question, how do i get rid of Wireless Sync (besides from a Master Reset).. i turned push OFF on the Q and on the Wireless Sync web site but still ClientShell.exe is running.

ps. thanks for the reply.
  4. scottjb

scottjb New Member

You should be able to remove it from the Remove Programs dialog. I forget exactly what it's called -- I don't think it's Wireless Sync. Might be Sync Client.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks, so easy a EQ mod can do it... and i did, i was a bit hesitant because last time i un-installed WS i ended up doing a Master Reset. so far so good.

ps. it was called Sync Client.
  6. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Glad you got that sorted.
  7. Benso87

Benso87 New Member

That sounds familiar. I set up Wireless Sync today just so I could see it, and then I decided I didn't need it since I only use gmail, and I don't get that much mail anyway.... So I just removed that program, cause I new it wasn't there before I set up Wireless Sync. I didn't know it would remove the icon from the start menu and everything, but it's not like I'm complaining. A little more free space is never bad, right?
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

me too.... wasn't that long ago i did a Master Reset :}

i remember when i got the Q and never had used Wireless Sync, i moved the icon in the Start Menu and that caused so much trouble i had to Master Reset.. but this time it uninstalled and all is well :}