DashWire

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gmardre, Oct 23, 2007.

1. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

K, now I understand :) I was trying too hard, and thinking of more complex things. Yes, so once I get a new phone, just install the handset client, and restore. Thank you both!
  2. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Hardly ever a problem we're faced with :)
  3. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Ahh, Just used dashwire for the first real time today! Had to MR and didnt have time to do a sprite.

Dashwire helped alot! :)
  4. dashwire

dashwire New Member

For those of you running Windows Mobile 6.x and looking for any of the following fixes:

• Support for hi-res contact pictures (i.e. HTC Touch Diamond)
    • UI support for hi-res and wide screen phones
    • Prevent client from randomly coming to the front of the screen
    • Scattered WM 6.1 related issues (content not uploading, unable to connect, SMS not sending)
    • Photo strip image cache on storage card by default (device if no SD card available)
    • Photo strip can display multiple rows of photos
    • Small fixes and refinements to UI functionality
    • Fixes and enhancements related to network and server communications
    ...then feel free to download our latest beta client by visiting http://m.dashwire.com/beta on your mobile phone web browser.

You can also download it if running .NET CF 2.0 or higher on your phone.

Feedback, thoughts, and everything in between appreciated.

Thanks!
  5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

giving it a try, good so far
  6. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

Do we have to uninstall first?
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it uninstalled the old version automatically for me.
  8. txter

txter New Member

hate to beat a dead horse but i just want to make sure i have this right. i have a home PC but no internet connection. i have Dashwire installed on my Q & i run it. if i need to restore data will it still work ?
    what does having Dashwire on your PC have to do with restoring your phone if their is no download needed to the PC ?
    ....hope you see where im coming from.
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

Using Dashwire on the phone will use data (unless
    you have it through a usb cable...search here to find out how to work that & not use data).

To answer youe question, though, Dashwire keeps all your photos/favorites/videos/and contacts on your pc. By logging on to the mobile site from your phone, and selecting "sync", all your stuff that you see on the pc Dashwire dashboard will be put back on phone.

Not perfect, and doesn't have capabilities to back up calander (YET), but a great free way to restore pics and contacts...Hope that helps a little...
  10. braj

braj New Member

It's not that it is on your PC though, it is backed up to the web. So if a hurricane blew away your computer, laptop, and cel phone, everything would be safe on the web. Unless the hurricane destroys the servers too.
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

True.............
  12. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Okay so we've been a little M.I.A. on here. Just wanted to bump the thread and make sure people know DW still exists and everyone in the office is still just as tired from working all day and all night on trying to make DW the hottest solution out there!
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

welcome back!
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

Could you please work on the calendar feature???
  15. dennisleu

dennisleu New Member

Hi,
    may I know how can I remove all contacts stored on the DashWire server?
    I removed all contacts from my Q9h and hoping that it will, too, remove all contacts from DashWire after the syncing. Unfortunately, DashWire insists that I should keep those contacts. Thanks.
  16. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

Before you delete it did you make sure DW was running and in sync when you deleted your contacts. I have had the same problem a couple of times but found that DW was not running so the next time it did DW added the contacts back.
  17. dennisleu

dennisleu New Member

Thanks for the reply.

The tricky part is I do not know how to mass select contact list and perform block delete from the phone. Since my contact list was downloaded/originated from my desktop Outlook, I deleted all contacts there. ActiveSync did a good job synchronizing the Q9h to Outlook. However and at same time, DW reversed everything that I just did.

Currently, I have the phone and Outlook contact list purged while disconnected from DW. And I refuse to logon to DW from my phone, for fear that it would restore the old contacts again.

1. Are there ways to tell DW that my handset data overwrites the server's?
    2. Unless I have missed something, I can't mass delete contacts from DW website!

PS: I have just under 900 contacts stored in DW server at the moment. It would take years to delete them one at a time. ^_^"
  18. p0lye

p0lye New Member

I had to email DW support...but they were able to take care out of it. after it was done, i uninstalled DW, straightened up the contacts on my phone & then reinstalled DW. kinda a pain, but it's all straight now.

19. Sirrahdorraj

Sirrahdorraj New Member

From what I was told by a tech with Cingular, all they log is the to/from number and the time of the SMS message, but not the actual text sent/received. I was trying to get the info for proof of contempt of a visitation order.
  20. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

PowerSMS...output all conversations to excel..date..time..what was said! not threaded though...