DashWire

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gmardre, Oct 23, 2007.

1. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

actually for me it has been quite usefull. when sprint released 6.1; and I realized that sprite backup doesn't work quite right on 6.1 (yet), dashwire got my phone back up and running the way I like it. sure, it doesn't restore texts yet (they are working on it). But then I have all my photos saved on the storage card, along with all of my cab files.
  2. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Right now there is no "official" way to do this. It's in our near-future plans that we want to roll out really soon. There are some work-arounds to this though. You can always email the picture(s) to yourself, or expand the picture as big as possible and save the image to the desktop. I understand this isn't probably the ideal functionality your looking for but it's coming soon.
  3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Yes I did end up mailing it to myself :)

It might be good for a social networking site but it needs more IMO for a tool.
  4. dashwire

dashwire New Member

I think you'll be pleased with our features we have planned for both the near and distant future then!
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I hope so. I HATE social networking sites.
    I know a lot do I just don't see the point.

So you plan on allowing people who've automatically uploaded pictures with your program to download them much like the Sprint picture mail site eh?
    That would be cool.

BTW, I'll assume there's an easy way to delete all these photos in one quick sweep?
    There's no point in me clogging your server when I can't get to 'em.
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Is there a way to edit or organize "favorites" on the dashboard? On my phone, I have folders for my favorites and it is nice and organized. Due to battery limitations, I sync manually with Dashwire (mainly when I take new photos...not big on texting, & when I do, I certainly don't need to save any of them...).When I do sync, Dashwire puts all the favorites back on my phone, but they are now in addition to the folders. The folders contain the shortcuts...Any thoughts?
  7. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Unfortunately as of now, no. Support for folders and organization are on our roadmap for the future. As of now, they aren't quite high enough on the food chain due to the popularity of other areas (photos, contacts, etc). Nonetheless, I will bark at someone to see if this is a possibility for a near future push and pull for ya!
  8. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Maybe I missed it in the FAQ or something, but it seems that not only does Dashwire backuo and restore IE's bookmarks, but also cookies.
    I just went to Facebook for the first time on my replacement Q and i did not have to log in .... I was taken directly to my home page.
  9. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

I don't believe it does cookies/history.
  10. dashwire

dashwire New Member

We don't do anything with cookies so we can't take credit for the no login you had with facebook. Not sure if you thought it was good or bad but either way not us!
  11. mworsham

mworsham New Member

My text messages don't seem to be updating automatically today. Contact changes and phone calls are updating to the dashboard, but text messages only show up if I force an update.

Mark W
  12. dashwire

dashwire New Member

This is some x-files stuff. We just tested it out here at the office and things worked fine. Try a soft reset on your phone and make sure the mobile client is running and turned to auto sync. Sounds like you've been using dw for a while and haven't had this issue before. If none of this works, reach out to support and we'll take care of it from there. Let me know!
  13. mworsham

mworsham New Member

Yeah, it's strange. Phone was reset last night when Sprite backup ran. I had the Dashwire mobile client running all morning. I did a reset when I saw your reply, and then sent a text. When I got a response to the text, the response showed up on the dashboard, but my original text did not until I did a "sync now".

Mark W
  14. mworsham

mworsham New Member

And now, with no further changes on my side, things are working normal again. :2cool:

Mark W
  15. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Now we're in the twilight zone....

Just kidding...messages sent from the phone will not show up on the dashboard until a sync now. Its a kink we are currently trying to smooth out. Once you sync now, all sent messages will appear and will be in correct order after a refresh.
  16. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

Question.

I searched the few posts containing Dashwire, but I guess I am missing it. Everything is working flawlessly, but my question is, if I lose my phone, someone steals it, drop it in water, I lose everything. I put Dashwire on the new phone, how do I restore everything on Dashwire servers, back to my phone? I've looked in the web settings, maybe I am just tired this morning??

Any info would be awesome, and thank you in advance!
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

Dashwire needs to be on your phone and PC. Once you put the mobile Dashwire onto your new phone, hit "synch now" and your contacts/pics/text will be put back onto the phone.

As Rachael Ray says: "Easy Peasy!"
  18. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

LOL, I'm lost, I know how to use the web dashboard, there is also a pc version I need? I am looking at the web dashboard, and I can't find the damn thing!! :)
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

Web dashboard is on your pc (personal computer)! If you already have it there, you are good to go. Once you install m.dashwire.com on the new phone and hit "sync now", everything I stated earlier will be put onto the phone...Hope this clears it up!
  20. dashwire

dashwire New Member

I'm surprised that our super advanced web messaging didn't clear things up :).

On your phone, you need the Dashwire mobile client (m.dashwire.com) - which you have. On your PC or Mac, you just need a web browser and an internet connection - no PC download required.

So if you have Dashwire on your mobile phone and are accessing it via the web, then you're living as much of the high-life as we're currently offering.