DashWire

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gmardre, Oct 23, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yup... did not think far enough, good point...

@ Dashwire add the calendar a.s.a.p. :}
  2. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

I took a video last night and it synced to DW. I deleted the video from the Q but I has not deleted from DW. I just did another sync and I can not get it to delete from DW. I do not see an option to delete video from the DW site. Help. Thanks.
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

I just tried this...From the "dashboard", click on the "+" sign near the videos. This should open all videos for you. On the next screen, click on the video you want to delete. Another box opens so you could edit the video (add a title/date/etc...). This box also gives you a choice to "save" or "delete". Click "delete". Does this work?
  4. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Hopefully you got our email from support. For the rest of you, there is the option to add your contacts from dashwire and pull them down to your phone. OR you can choose to pull your contacts from your phone and put them on dashwire. Not necessarily a merging capability but one or the other. Hopefully this helps the rest.
  5. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I did receive the email, early this morning.

Thanks for your help on here, and from your support people as well. You guys have a great app there -- keep it going!

I installed Dashwire from my mobile device, and it did exactly as described. No known issues at all with it syncing back up.

Thanks again,
    Bozz
  6. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Hope no one noticed that you couldn't download the mobile client for a little bit. If you did, ITS BACK RUNNING. Woo hoo :smile:
  7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Sorry this is NOT a MotoQ issue.
    I had it installed on my wife's Treo700wx backed it up and went back to WM5,
    Now it won't install. It just says install was unsuccessful.
    I install .net CF 3.5 as some mentioned and the same.
  8. dashwire

dashwire New Member

When's the last time you tried to install the app? We were experiencing some issues with installation but think we fixed them. I'd try installing it again if you haven't tried within the last couple hours. Should work if you tried earlier this today/yesterday.
  9. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

if this app could restore text messages and emails....that would be sweet!!!

sorry about the font. i'm using pocket I.E and i have no idea why the font is like this.
  10. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Hmmm.. it seems that the font i see when i am typing does not translate To The final product.
  11. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Nice suggestion! We're always trying to predict what our users would want and this is definitely on our future roadmap. We've got a list of things we want to dive into and this is towards the upper end of things. Before I get people too excited, this is down the road a little bit but probably shouldn't be terribly long.
  12. eight minutes to get the status bar to show grey at the n in sync....then another two minutes to finish an update.
    rough day at work so forgive me.....pony express was faster :) !

9m
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

Daughter's friend is jealous!

Ok, Dashwire! My 16 year old daughters friend is jealous that I can get this awesome app in my "old" Q, so how come she can't get it on her Blackberry?

She doesn't like to delete her text messages, and likes that I can "free up" my phone, but keep all texts on the Dashwire Dashboard. Any idea when this will be available for the BB?

(Hubby likes that it stores pictures...he has a BB too...)

@Tony: Sorry your day was so bad! Have a drink! Usually works for me!!
  14. hey sherri use the search button :) discussed in this thread....later this year.

pot9m
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

Yeah, I know Tony! I also went on to their forum page (I've been here a while, now, so I know the rules:wink:).

Just happy that I have something my daughter's "frenemy" actually wants!

As for hubby, I begged him to get a Q, but nooooo! Oh, well. He now knows how to make/receive calls, and send/receive e-mail and text (thanks to my joining the Everything Berry Forum...)
  16. brada55306

brada55306 New Member

This is a great application!! :)

Brad
  17. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

Hmmm....

This morning Dashwire took over 10 minutes to "look for changes" and finally sync my data.

I'm curious to know if anyone has had problems with losing contacts and Dashwire. The other day a contact that I had had in my phone for almost 6 months just up and vanished... no record, no nothing. I think this might have happened after a synchronization from Dashwire, but I'm not sure.

overall what started out as a really awesome experience has turned into a huge slug... the program isn't snappy anymore, and my theory is that Dashwire is ill-equipped bandwidth-wise to handle all these people syncing at the same time.

anyone know of any online backup tools for windows mobile that I could take a look at? So far it seems Dashwire is the only game in town.
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

Reading through old posts, and there is a program called ShoZu that looks very similar...http://www.shozu.com

I am on mobile, but I went to the site, & it might be what you need.
  19. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Sorry for the lack of presence here recently. I was in beautiful Ketchikan, Alaska over the weekend and was stuck in the chaotic airport with no flight due to volcanoes erupting!

@DarkDomino- We're sorry to hear you've been having some issues with dashwire. We're curious about this contact deletion issue and want to get rid of it. I recommend shooting off an email to support so they can clear that up (and most likely re-store whatever has been deleted). Secondly, we're interested to take a look at the code thats been causing your sync to be so slow! We like to live life in the fast lane too.

Regarding the Blackberry Supprt- Right now we're looking at end of this year, early next. I wish it was sooner too! (I'm rockin a curve right now) We're gonna push symbian next, the BB should be the next priority! Hope you can hold out:smile:
  20. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

OK. Devil's advocate.
    I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to get a photo off the server. Now I know it won't restore to the phone but that's not issue, I couldn't figure out how to get them on my home computer.

So that makes me wonder about the actual usefulness as a backup tool.