DashWire

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gmardre, Oct 23, 2007.

1. BigTK

BigTK New Member

Yes, I won't bother with the details. Lets just say it was my issue not Dashwires.:whistling
  2. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Good to hear. Thread has been a little quiet recently. Hopefully DW is treating everyone well still. Don't hesitate to shoot suggestions, comments, questions, rants, raves, basically anything our way!
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

still the same suggestion: work out a cooperation with Youmail..

potQ9c
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

you know if that ever happens I might vaporize with happiness. That would be soooo wonderful!
  5. dashwire

dashwire New Member

I can't remember if we posted here about why youmail wasn't possible. Basically, YouMail doesn't use an api which is what we need for it to be functional with dashwire. Youmail is pretty sweet though. If someone wants to send us the API then lets talk!
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh i don't think that's anyone's goal to have you vaporize... :}

*some explicits*.... big bummer man. (cant recall hearing that, else i would not have brought it up..)
  7. dashwire

dashwire New Member

A little more exciting DW news for you all -

After passing our 1 millionth mobile phone-to-web photo upload a while back (after only 3 months of public beta!), we figured it’d be a shame to keep all of that content to ourselves. That’s why we’ve decided to start highlighting the best-of-the-best in content that you’re uploading and publishing on your Dashwire shared pages.

The plan is to select a “Picture of the Day” from the content you’ve decided to publish and broadcast it daily over Twitter, Friendfeed, and our Facebook fan page. We’ll be posting a weekly recap on our blog and some of the main forums we’re active on.

We’ll also be highlighting a “User of the Week” for community members that we feel have great shared pages rich with titles, descriptions, tags and comments.If you think you’ve got a sweet picture or shared page in general, then go ahead and hit us up with a link to your photo or shared page by e-mailing showcase@dashwire.com. If we see enough interest, then we’re hoping to evolve this into a device giveaway contest or something to that effect.

So start snapping, sharing and submitting!

Today’s pic by user JoelBrazil: The Brazilica
    Yesterday’s pic by user ChrisAhl: Bachelor's Weekend in Vegas
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

nice initiative for sure..

potQ9c
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

re: vaporising...you would be surprised lol

re: dashwire youmail...yep was brought up a while back ago...dont know what it all means but didnt sound hopeful :-(
  10. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Okay okay so I already know this is going to come across in a way that everyone will get to give us an "I told you so!" or something of that regard (due to a love affair with youmail). As of last night (or so we believe), the callwave widget is down. We hope we can minimize the ridiculing by addressing this up front but just wanted to give a heads up.

Second thing to address. Since everyone loves youmail so much, we have a little request/question for everyone. If you had to choose between youmail or calendar (in terms of prioritization), which would you prefer to roll out first??

Furthermore, if you had 5 features you could add to DW, what would they be?
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for me, Youmail... my calendar is in Outlook so.

return question: is the API also what causes Youmail not to have a voice mail indicator on the Q ?
  12. Calendar over youmail because youmail may not be free forever.

1- option to sync ringtones.
    2- option to not sync photos, etc.
    3- option to buy a hard copy of the backup if ever needed.
    4- Keep dashwire free.
    5- Keep communicating with us/ other sites. Don't lose that.
  13. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Youmail doesn't hook into the operator voicemail infrastructure on the Q. They have a voicemail re-direction service. Basically has you route your calls to a separate number that they control. You don't have hooks back into the device.
    We're definitely interested in the features you guys want. Thanks for the info.
  14. also RB, what if you are on the road and the phone craps out? I would need my schedule back up and running before youmail. Just my opinion.
  15. dashwire

dashwire New Member

We're lookin pretty good on your priority list. Right now, if you go into settings, then "choose information to sync" on the mobile client, you can choose to sync ringtones, choose not to sync photos etc. We're definitely still planning to keep a dashwire service free. Also, we love being on the forums! Heck I'm supposed to be working on a project right now but have to get sidetracked here because it's my job!
  16. Thanks. didn't even know about those options on the mobile client.
    You guys Rock...Hey just cause RB has more posts I think my calendar request doesn't have any less validity LOL.
  17. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Breaking News....Callwave is back! Stickin it to the callwave skeptics...well, sort of. Anyways, good news for those who use the service (as if there were even any on this thread right now. Lol)
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

Calendar! (That's why I love you so much, Tony!)

(1) Calendar
    (2) Calendar
    (3) Calendar
    (4) Something that doesn't kill battery so fast (I still autosync because of this...)
    and
    (5) Calendar!
  19. Bozz

Bozz New Member

A Dashwire question here..... I emailed them today but havent heard back yet. Since a rep from Dashwire is on here posting, maybe he can answer....

I just changed from one Q to another (long story) -- and have been hesitant to load Dashwire and sync as I am fearful as to how DW handles this info... since I have already re-loaded my new Q. Does it merge it? Does the web overwrite the phone? Does the phone overwrite the web?

Sorry if that is a dumb question.. just don't want any bad surprises with my contacts or anything... ActiveSync has given me enough trouble.

Thanks.
    Bozz
  20. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

when you install dashwire on the phone you can pick which set of contacts to keep