DashWire

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gmardre, Oct 23, 2007.

1. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

DW works with callwave but not youmail. Most of us that have youmail would like to be able to use it on DW site.
  2. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

yeah I had to turn off automatic syncing - it kept starting up with my phone and slowing it down to the point of crashing.

is there any way to turn this automatic synchronization from starting everytime you reboot your phone?
  3. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Are you on manual sync currently? Or you just turn it off when you shut it down so that when you start it back up it runs properly then turn it back on again?

(sorry if that wasn't very clear)
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Can I delete my contacts from the Dashwire site??? There was an issue before where now every time I sync contacts I get three of everything plus contacts that I deleted from the phone.
    Now that I have gotten my contacts how I want them, I don't want it overwritten by the version that"s on the Dashwire server.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

you can uncheck contacts within the Dash app on yur Q...then no more sync of those.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You could remove it from your start up folder.
  7. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Yes you can delete contacts from the site but its kinda time consuming (we're going to work on this in the future). If you don't have too many contacts on your Dashwire dashboard, I would expand the contacts tile (the "+" in the top right corner of the contacts tile) and delete all of your contacts (you have to click on them individually and hit the "delete" at the bottom). After all of your contacts are gone, you can re-sync with your updated contacts list.

Also if you're planning on synchronizing contacts using ActiveSync, then you'll need to add your contacts to your phone via ActiveSync before adding Dashwire to your phone. If you start with ActiveSync first, then you won't see any problems with contact duplicates.

Hope that helps :smile:
  8. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

My Q is on autosync -as suggested by DW.
    I deleted a contact & synched manually.

The contact reappeared. Did this process several more times before ti finally got deleted.

Why is this happening?
  9. dashwire

dashwire New Member

If you're in automatic sync the deletion should happen right away. You shouldn't have to manually sync. That being said, when you were in auto sync did the status say: "connected and in sync"? If it did then like I said the deletion should be automatic... you should have to manually sync for changes to happen. If it didn't say this then you would have to manually sync (which you did) and because it wasn't "connected and in sync" we make the dashwire software espcially careful with contacts because we don't want any deletions to happen accidentally.

So when you're in auto sync make sure its connected. If it is, then the changes should happen without you having to sync. If you try it again and this doesn't happen, let us know (and hopefully all of that made sense :smile:).
  10. syncing has been sloooooowwwww. lately
  11. Boycan

Boycan New Member

This question is for dashwire, if I have a verizon Q9c and I am trying to register on your site and the vzw q9c isn't listed yet and I pick one of the other q's will it sync up wrong or anything? Hope this isn't a dumb question I just don't want to bother registering if it isn't supported yet? :embarassed:
  12. choose the 9m and you should be good to go.
  13. dashwire

dashwire New Member

We've been having some light maitenance issues. Yesterday the syncing experience was probably pretty slow. And earlier today content was slowly showing up on the dashboard. But we're working on it and it should improve soon. What specifically was slow?
  14. after updating contacts, updating pics (I only have about 5). It just keep hanging so I kept canceling and trying all afternoon yesterday.
  15. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Makes sense... yesterday some of our contractor's servers were down, so unfortunately we were affected. Today everything should be working normally.
  16. Not you too with the S3 tech!!!!
    My smugmug photo hosting site was down for hours because of the amazon outage!!
  17. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

dropbox was down too, due to S3
  18. dashwire

dashwire New Member

I hope now one is having any issues with contact photos as of now. Our servers seem to be working great right now and things should be running error free for users.

On another note, we rolled out some kickin new features the other day.
    -Vamped up the mobile client. Now you can sign up for account on your phone by going to http://m.dashwire.com.
    -You can view shared media on the mobile site without running the client (or being in auto-sync) now! So for those who take it off their phones after the do an initial sync, you can still hit up the site for some sweet media to entertain yourself for dayssssss.
    (You don't need to download anything to access these features)

Just wanted to give the heads up. Keep the feedback coming! :2cool:
  19. BigTK

BigTK New Member

Still not working on my end.It will hang on "signing in" for a second then goes back to "not in sync".

Nevermind the problem was on my end. It is sync'n like a champ.
  20. dashwire

dashwire New Member

So things worked out well?