Dashwire Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Oct 26, 2009.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Dashwire Shutting Down

on Dec 31 Dashwire will be shutting down and will be re-branded with Best Buy mIQ

note the bolded text
    via WMExperts
    http://www.wmexperts.com/dashwire-shutting-down-123109-re-branded
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

oh.. this is gonna be a mess.

*gets good seat to watch the train wreck*
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Someone said just switch to mIQ. It's Goggle Exchange for me.
  4. n99hockey

yup thats what its going to be
    but those who still use dashwire and want to transfer there stuff its might not be so easy
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

This was an e-mail I received from Ken Wall, from Dashwire, in response to my concerns. I have a lot of text messages stored there, and since I still have WM5, the Microsoft app will not work for me. His e-mail is: kwall@dashwire.com

Sherri,

Thanks for your outreach! I definitely remember you and everything you’ve done for us since the early days of our company.

We’re absolutely going to make sure that all users can either transfer their content to one of our licensee services (assuming they’re using a supported phone) or we’ll make sure that they can export their content to a computer desktop. Both will be options. This is something every member of the team is adamant about – particularly the management team.

And as always, there’s plenty of stuff going on behind the scenes that we’re not announcing yet, and so perhaps some other options will show up in the consideration set down the road J.

Thanks again for all of your help. Let me know if there’s anything else I can answer for you.

Ken Wall
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Link for more information...(straight from the "horse's mouth", so to speak...)

http://dashwire.com/
  7. mIQ Live

mIQ Live New Member

You're right, Dashwire is shutting down, but not until after the first of the year.

Dashwire has partnered with Best Buy Mobile to offer a new and improved solution called mIQ. If you are a Dashwire user, you will be getting an email in the next few weeks with more information on the change and all the improvements the new mIQ solution has over the existing Dashwire app.

Dashwire plans on providing a way to either transfer your information from Dashwire to mIQ, or download it to your computer.

In the meantime, check out mIQ at miqlive.com.
  8. n99hockey

when do you guys or Dashwire plan on sending out emails with regards to transfering data to the new service?

also, Dashwire had a nice presence here early on, i hope we see the same from you guys as well
  9. mIQ Live

mIQ Live New Member

Dashwire Shutting Down

We are working on the email right now as a matter of fact, and should have it out shortly. We definitely want to make sure our Dashwire users are taken care of before shutting down the service.

And thanks for the feedback! It's still us so we hope to maintain the same presence. Appreciate the feedback!
  10. n99hockey

great to hear
    thank you!
  11. txter

txter New Member

having a problem installing mIQ to my omnia. i did / do have it installed and i have used it. i havent used it in a week or so. my phone has been giveing a "boot" error when i reset sometimes...not always. today i tried to run mIQ to backup and i get an error...
    "file or assembly name
    'system.Data.WqlServerCe,
    Version=3.0.3600.0,Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=3BE235DF1C8D2AD3'
    ,or one of its dependencies, was not found.
    as soon as i hit quit i get a msg saying that it cant find .net 3.5 and to make sure that if its installed on a mem card that the card is in, yada yada yada.
    like i said, i was using this last week.

i never had this before. i also cant install .net3.5 framework. it says i have an eariler version and to remove that one first.

i am running Lioryte 28011 rom 6.5.

thx