Custom Startup Sounds

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by Rhstevenson, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Custom Startup Sounds

Does anyone have any startup sounds they would recommend? I'm pretty tired of hearing piano.wav every time, especially if I start it up on the "Loud" setting. I usually have to put my hand over the speakers so I don't scare someone! I'd prefer a nice soothing sound or something along those lines.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!
  2. loders

loders New Member

I just uploaded the startup sound files for Plus! XP. The nature startup is pretty mellow as is the Davinci. I'm trying to resurrect one of my old computers so I can get the startup sounds from Plus! 98. I did a clip of Beethoven's 5th but that isn't mellow.
  3. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Thank you very much, Where idd you upload the sounds to? Does anyone have the Vista startup sound?
    Thanks!
  4. loders

loders New Member

I saved them to the root of my storage card.
  5. vtx1300rider@comcast.net

vtx1300rider@comcast.net New Member

I just ripped a sound out of a video game I have, its an old one and has a cool female voice saying 'Welcome to Cyber Net" with laser fire in the background. I am sure I will get tired of it soon enough but it is easy to change to something else.

Jesse
  6. dipgolf

dipgolf New Member

I don't see an option to change the startup sound. It isn't under Settings>Sounds. I saw the registry hack to have no startup sound and tried to replace that with my new sound but it changes to notify.mid once I restart. I've changed my .wav to the name of Piano.wav and it still won't play it because notify.mid always takes over after restart. I've read other posts as well. What to do, what to do?
  7. Yester18

Yester18 New Member

any word on where you place a new file for it to use. I have the veriozn version of the black q. and would like to put a new sound on.... thanks
  8. rolfej

rolfej New Member

I am having the same issue. If anyone knows how to change the start sound permanently could you post the directions for those who couldn't figure it out? Thanks!
  9. Yester18

Yester18 New Member

Lasrt night just to add in new ringtones and make a new mail arrival sound. I founf vista sound package online. and then copied all the sounds over to the Q. now it even sounds better. But ould still liek to knwo how to append the start up sound.....
  10. qnoob

qnoob New Member

11. nancychiri

nancychiri New Member

I'd like to second the request on how to change the startup sound (short of going into my registry which I don't want to do!)

can someone please post the steps to change the startup sound from the screaching one that is installed to something a little nicer? I'll find a new sound file, just let me know how to change it! :wink: