Custom HTC Sliding Panel Home Screen

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by leedash13, Jul 24, 2009.

1. tbmorris51

tbmorris51 New Member

Hi Leedash13:
    I have google maps installed on the SD card of my Ozone, but when I click the link for google maps, I get a message that it cant find google maps (or one of its components). Do I need to reinstall it for your design to recognize it? Does it need to be in phone memory instead of SD card?
    Thanks
  2. leedash13

leedash13 New Member

tbmorris51,

This is actually a pretty easy fix, if you install anything on your SD card, its the same path as if its on the device just with \Storage Card in front. So, if you're editing the XML, for the <ActionURL> tag for google maps, it would look like this:

<ActionURL>\Storage Card\Program Files\GoogleMaps\GoogleMaps.exe</ActionURL>

I actually made this change myself and its reflected in the latest ZIP I uploaded about two posts ago. That one points all the applications to the Storage Card, so you could just download and use that XML instead if you didn't want to do any editing. Thanks.

-Lee
  3. tbmorris51

tbmorris51 New Member

Thanks so much Leedash13. The help is greatly appreciated.
  4. sstretch98

sstretch98 New Member

OK i got the files into the \Home folder, but i cant locate the \Windows folder

Any tips?
  5. BigZem23

BigZem23 New Member

hey, new to this forum. just got the ozone, love it. saw a caption from your custom slider on goolge while surfin. def like the "htc ozone" in the left corner but how would i get that to show with one of my pics as the background?!?
  6. tbmorris51

tbmorris51 New Member

SStrech98: You need to make the folder options to show protected operating system files. Then you will be able to see /windows from your pc
  7. tbmorris51

tbmorris51 New Member

Hi again leedash13. How can I code this to show the calendar items as it does on the original HTC sliding panels? I have tried several things without success. A solution would be greatly appreciated.
  8. YoDude

YoDude New Member

That nice little logo is on Lee's background PNG's in his original zip file.
    It is not a stand alone image.
    I selected that area of the image, then copied and pasted as a new layer to my favorite backgrounds using my favorite image editor.
    Yo
  9. scooper63

scooper63 New Member

Put the CAppointments item back into the Plugins Order line in the xml file. Quick edit in notepad and I can once again see my appointments.
  10. PJWren13

PJWren13 New Member

Hey Lee, great slider like the new look, still trying to figure out how to add the new emails icon to the original home page you created. Post up if you figure it out first.
  11. njsges

njsges New Member

lee! thanks for the great slider! i was able to tweek it with your help! i love it! i would like to change one thing that i have not been able to figure out. how do i make the "slider" transparent instead of gray. this way i can see my background through it.

thanks again for the great home design.

nj
  12. jeff1216

jeff1216 New Member

hey i just got this on my phone and its great. but i have a problem with the favorite apps. i click on any app on the favorite apps panel and it comes up with an error saying that it can't find the app. what do i do?
  13. knxoverride

knxoverride New Member

Great work! Am playing with the xml's now.

What font/size/style did you use for the HTC | OZONE? I would love to personalize this text on my own background and your presentation is quite slick!
    --------------------------------------------
    UPDATE:
    So now I've had time to play and customize for my own preferences in programs & links. Everything is working great!

A couple of questions:

1. Any idea how to access the settings menu "Location Setting" screen directly? I would like to have a quick link to turn GPS service on/off (since leaving it on KILLS the battery). I couldn't find a .cpl.xml file pertaining to a direct link or any shortened menus surrounding, so for the time being simply made an icon for access to all Settings. Does anybody know of another way to work with the built in GPS?

2. Do you have any idea how to edit / reorder the last Plugin "Settings"? I prefer to have Task Manager & Profile first.. no use for quick Ringtone or Background Image access, but there are a few other quick config links that would be nice.

3. UPDATE 2: Any idea if standard voicemail notification would work in ChromePanel if VVM was deactivated? Stinks not having an onscreen marker. I did just switch back to using the HTCVOICEMAIL plugin for now and noticed that even though it doesn't break apart the mailboxes in the applet, when you click on the New Email link it does show which accounts have messages in the superseding Messaging selection screen. It's approx the same number of finger clicks either way you go (Depending on how many email accounts you access - I currently check 4, inc'l exchange mail)

Also for anyone looking to add/change icon/.png files for web links, programs, etc, IconsPedia has a great selection in multiple sizes. 48x48 included.
    http://www.iconspedia.com/
  14. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

OK... I know a little code and changed some things to my liking.
    What I am looking to do next here is make the sliding panels so that the title bar of the panel shows the little icon to the left when it is both ACTIVE and COLLAPSED.
    Can somebody please clue me in as to what I need to do with the XML.

Thanks !!!
  15. chigins

chigins New Member

I just want to say thanks for the tweek to the Home Screen.. Love it just the way it is for now... This is my first WM phone .. I have always had a Palm OS phone and boy did I not know what I was missing

Thanks again!
  16. Brackben

Brackben New Member

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the ozone, but I've been tweaking it all day and have edited my registry and such. I've customized the sliding panel with google by editing the XML, but I cannot get the weather plugin to show within the sliding panel media with google that I started with. All I've done so far is rearrange things on the home screen and changed my registry so that the start menu is list view and I no longer recieve a notification when I send a text. So far everything I have tried and fiddled with has worked except getting the weather plugin to show on sliding panel media with google that I've rearranged. Any help would be great. I appreciate anyone who has read through this post. I'm new here.
  17. leedash13

leedash13 New Member

NJ, to change the slider transparency you would have to open up the PNG image in an image manipulation program (preferably Photoshop), adjust the transparency there and save back out as a PNG. This is very easy in Photoshop as you would just adjust the opacity value for that layer to a lower value.

You have to change the path to the application in the XML file. If you have applications on your storage card they're going to have a different path than applications on your phone. As easy way to find the exact path is plug your phone into your windows PC, browse to the start menu folder (I believe its in /Windows), then copy the .lnk files from there to your PC, open those files in notepad and you should see the exact path there.

knxoverride, That's actually grabbed from the HTC website so its just a bitmap image rather than a vector font, if you're familiar with Adobe Photoshop, I included the PSD for that in the original ZIP. You could open that up and tweak some of the layer styles and whatnot in there. As for your updated questions, for number 2, you can give the Chome Configurator a try:

http://smartphonenutsandbolts.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/chome-configurator-for-wm-61/

but I used it once myself and it didn't work 100%, made things kinda screwy, but worth a try anyway if you really want that functionality.

Pretty sure that's just not supported by the low level programming of the sliding panels, sorry.
  18. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I don't buy that. I have been able to add / chnage icons on all other panels, just not the HTC ones.
  19. RayKnobs

RayKnobs New Member

This is awesome, quick and easy install.

Tell me if this would work in theory. Could you take the weather plug-in and add bookmarks. ie, you click to the side and you get a link to a noaa radar image, click again and you go back to the oem weather screen?
  20. PuterDuder

PuterDuder New Member

MRU List with Sliding Panel?

OK Sliding Panel looks like this (unaltered):

[Note I am using percent sign as opposed to angle brackets (less than/greater than) just to make sure that the code doesn't get filtered.]

%plugin clsid=”{E9267CAB-02EE-4f37-8216-6BF6A8FF5A71}” name=”HTC” height=”266″%

%Plugins Order=”CClock;HTCVOICEMAIL;CAppointments;HTCEMAIL;HTCSMSMMS;HTCWeather;HTCFavorite;Settings;CWelcomeCenter” CPRFileName=”HTCSlidingPanel” %

%!– Example: Creating a new Custom Registry-based Plugin –%

%CustomPlugin Name=”HTCWeather” LocName=”HTCWeather” GUID=”{F0A1B246-6E64-40cd-8E15-347D29FF6F18}” %

But, I'd like the MRU list (small icons) to show up above the top panel and below the iconbar.

Here's what I need in there:

%plugin clsid=”{79EFB752-CB70-446d-B317-499723482B3D}” name=”startmru” height=”30"%

%mru y=”1″ icon-size=”16″/%

%/plugin%

I tweaked the height setting, but that didn’t work. I tweaked it lower…maybe it needs to go up(?) Note that the MRU list showed on screen, then got quickly "overwritten" by the time panel.

Thanks for any help.