Custom Home Screens - What do you want?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by RyanAmos, Sep 6, 2006.

1. orangeneptune

orangeneptune New Member

Quick launch buttons for select apps would be nice so I could launch my favorite apps from the Home Screen.

:laugh2:
  2. barbe-Q

barbe-Q New Member

help

i just bought my Q last monday. im wondering why my Q is shuting down by itself?. though im not using it? is that depends on my power settings or what? and how can i install custom themes? i saw a lot of themes for Q, but i dont know how to put it on my phone. hope you can help me guys! tnx
  3. Triviathan

Triviathan New Member

Custom Home Screen EDITOR

I think only 2 other people besides myself actually got what he was asking... and that's sad...

Anyhow back to what I was going to post. There's a program developed for making skins for other motorola devices that might help in your developement of a program. It's designed to make skins for GSM and CDMA phones it's called skinner4moto developed by Knapster in Germany it basically gives you the option of replacing icons and everything up to a complete new design of skins like those on the Motorola E815 (Moto, Scarlet, One other I forget). You are able to move everything around on the screen limited to everything except the top line of the devices due to the restrictions of not messing things up like signal strenth meter and those items. It's a great program and if you are anything of a tech savy person pretty easy to use. Once you get everything like you want it you can just hit a button and it creates an install file that will run with P2KCommander.

So What I would like to see is something to this nature so you can actually edit and replace anything and everything for the device home screen that gives you a picture to work with so you can see how it will look on the device as you are changing things. Yes this is a lot to ask... but you asked for it... lol

Example: add radio buttons of what to include on the home screen such as time/date, icon bar(recently used or perm) top/bottom, different program options(obviously this would have to be a drop down to include the different programs that you would want in this space)
  4. Corvida

Corvida New Member

What Triviathan said works for me.

I think it would be an excellent feature to be able to see a preview of what you are editing and be able to move the plugins around on this preview screen and change the settings of the fonts, edit text, edit whether or not to have borders, then creating an installation file for you or having it save it in the format necessary for the phone.
  5. Corvida

Corvida New Member

Do a search please for theme help. There are plenty of threads about them This is not the thread for your problems. As for your 1st problem either do a search, create a new thread, or call VZW Customer Service.
  6. glx386

glx386 New Member

does anyone know if they have seen a VW theme anywhere? i saw some audi ones on that kool site but didnt know if anyone has seen a VW one. let me know if you can.

daniel
  7. rrhutch

rrhutch New Member

I would like to have some Homescreen options that include the Worldmate weather plugin.
  8. sdiddy

sdiddy New Member

i need to be able to modify font sizes, spaces between fonts, colors of fonts and backgrounds, the fixed order of the quick launch icons and the number of these buttons on the home screen, the icons themselves (interchanging which ones represent what program), how many lines to show for each item (for example calander or tasks). also want to modify which programs to have tabbed..calendar and tasks arent for everyone. goodluck

9. qnoob

qnoob New Member

10. vcao

vcao New Member

Can someone make a Vista homescreen with this???

[​IMG]
  11. briangde

briangde New Member

NBC Heroes

ANyone want to make or know where i can find a Heroes theme??? i jsut love that show. Are you on the list???

thank you
    BRian
  12. troybuilt

troybuilt New Member

I would also like a superman returns them.
    the one I found has a red scheme I don't like that.
    when I try and change the wallpaper all I see is a white space
    between the wallpaper and the start menu thats annoying.

the wallpaper that completely fills the screen are the ones that
    come with the themes... does anyone have any suggestions
    on why other wallpapers won't fill the screen? I've change the
    size to 320x240 96 dpi and then someone said 320x213 72dpi
    none of those worked. I still get the same white space between
    the wallpaper and the start menu.
  13. mkdc5

mkdc5 New Member

sweet.. subscribed
  14. Pneuma

Pneuma New Member

I have seen a couple responses to people asking about black buttons. Eko papers has some really nice homescreens with black buttons. I don't know if this has been posted before...I am da newb

http://ekopapers.com/