Custom Home screen button... Is this possible? (Missing Sync & Bluetooth)

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by newqf00, Jan 5, 2007.

1. newqf00

newqf00 New Member

Custom Home screen button... Is this possible? (Missing Sync & Bluetooth)

so i like the syncing on missing sync via usb with the Q... but bluetooth would be a lot better.. if it wasn't such a pain in the ass. we all know bluetooth hogs the already small battery life of the Q so needless to say i keep it off. these are all of the steps i have to take in order to get missing sync to update my Q via bluetooth:

1. Go to Wireless Manager and turn the "Phone" off and "Bluetooth" On.
    2. Go to Active Sync and choose "Connect Via Bluetooth"
    3. Choose my computer from the next screen.
    4. The phone will then connect to Missing Sync and auto sync.
    5. Now I have to restore the phone to its normal state so I have to go back to the Wireless Manager and turn the "Phone" back to On and "Blueooth" back to off.

As you can see, this isn't a LOOONG process but it's quite a pain in the ass to do EVERYDAY for syncing with iCal. I was wondering if there's ANY WAY whatsoever to put a custom button on the Home Screen that will do all of that. A script of some sort. It will do all of the above steps with about 1 second pauses in between each and then once Active Sync is done "syncing" and is just sitting there connected for 1 second, it will revert all the settings on the phone.

Please, please tell me there is a way.
  2. jnmobley

jnmobley New Member

I leave my Q and Bluetooth on 24/7 and I have never run the battery completely down during 1 day. I put it on charge over night and go again. This is using the BT with headset apprx 6 to 8 hours daily, using Active Sync via BT at least once daily plus all my calls. I just have the standard battery. What I see as a battery hog is the "Bubble Breaker".
  3. MattB

MattB New Member

I also leave BT on all day and use it as much or more than JN and also have never ran aout of battery in a day. I typically get aroun 16+ hours out of the standard battery.