Custom alarm tones

Discussion in 'Future Motorola Q Smartphones' started by tron, Dec 18, 2007.

1. tron

tron New Member

Custom alarm tones

I found this forum very helpful in allowing me to any mp3 as a ringtone and I was wondering if anyone had a idea on how to get any mp3 to be a alarm clock tone. The way that I was able to make any mp3 a ringtone was through a registry editor and is there a way to do the same thing for the alarm clock. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Yes, it's easily possible already. I have a first Gen Q with an MP3 ringtone. I didn't have to use a registry edit to accomplish it either.

Start > Settings > Sounds > Alarm Clock

Make sure you've updated your Media Library, as it won't find it otherwise.
  3. tron

tron New Member

Tried that and no successful results. Is there a special folder that I need to put the file in or a special format as well. Ive got the q9h if that makes any difference too.
  4. davekeegan

davekeegan New Member

sounds directory

Put it in the Application Data > sounds directory - any mp3, wav, etc
    charline likes this.
  5. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

Yup - if you just put it in the My Documents/My Ringtones then it will only be for use as a ringtone.

Good practice - put all of your sounds in the Applications Data/Sounds Directory
  6. QRichardQ

QRichardQ New Member

I put sound files in the root directory of my storage card. They will work from there, too, and I can back them up by simply copying the card to my PC.

I put all my software CAB files and software installs there too for the same reason. If the phone is damaged, move the card to a new phone and it's as if you have your old phone, except for your home screen, but I back up that directory to the card also. Lose the phone and you can use the card backup on your PC to load a new card for the replacement phone.
  7. charline

charline New Member

Even if this thread was started a long time ago: Thank you for the answer!!
    i've been unhappy with the limited alarm sound settings for a while now and this is just such a simple fix! it's great!