current TEP replacement for the original Q?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by bothersomeaunt, Jun 10, 2009.

1. bothersomeaunt

bothersomeaunt Member

current TEP replacement for the original Q?

Anybody know what Sprint is currently doing?
    The soft keys pad is coming off on mine and the guy in the Sprint store took it back to the technician, came back out and said they were ordering me a new one and they would call me in couple of days when it arrived. They were super busy, so I thanked him and left. Now I am curious as to what the replacement will be. Do they still have original Qs, or do I get a Q9c, or something else entirely?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

it all depends on what they got in your area...
    surprised they didnt tell you what exactly you were getting...you could always call them back

chances are if available it will be a Q9c
  3. bothersomeaunt

bothersomeaunt Member

They were busy so I didn't ask. But when a girl called to tell me that replacement phone was in, I asked her and she didn't have the slightest idea, "uh, probably the same thing you are using right now?" with a definite puzzled voice.

It is an original Q. I am a little disappointed, and little relieved. Way back when I first got the phone (2 years ago) and I had the "power off" problem, they wanted to replace it with the Ace. I refused and waited til they got more Qs in stock. The sales rep was really nice then, he called and told me to bring it back today ... they had replacements just come in.

It would have been nice to "upgrade" to the 9c, but I am ok. Now to just finish "customizing" it! The sales reps couldn't believe I was happy with a Q. I told them about everythingQ, and explained that this phone can do more than I use it for. lol
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the Q is a great phone contrary to the what the knowledge-less sales reps say

let us know what you get!
  5. bothersomeaunt

bothersomeaunt Member

because I have had a few PMs asking what I got...
    I guess I didn't make myself clear earlier.
    The replacement was an original Q.
    I am still a little relieved (no learning curve) and little disappointed (learning curves are fun).