Current Q9c user looking at Snap

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by JMak, Sep 9, 2009.

1. JMak

JMak New Member

Current Q9c user looking at Snap

Long time Q9c user on Sprint and I'm looking to jettison this dusty old phone for a nice new one. The Snap has kinda skipped under the radar as I have looked over the Touch Pro (too $$$), the Diamond (no SD), the BB Tour and BB Curve. The Snap looks pretty sweet and do I assume correctly that with WM Standard that I'll see the same functionality that I had with the Q9c? In other words, customizing, third-party apps, etc.?

For $99 bucks at Sprint it looks like Id keep the WM OS that I am comfortable with, the ability to customize the heck out of it, sliding panels, and get wifi??

I'd go with the Tour but the lack of wifi, threaded texting, sub-par browsing experience (witnessed firsthand on a Curve), well, I'm not sure I wanna pay near $200 and lose what I like about WM.

Also, how does the screen size on the Snap compare with the Q9c?

What are your guys' thoughts on these issues related to the Snap?

TIA!!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

you should be able to use all the same apps on the snap

*SNIP*

screen size is the same as the Q
  3. JMak

JMak New Member

so then ICS will still work as it does currently on my Q9c?

and to confirm, does the snap have wifi?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

5. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

Yes, it has WiFi.

I haven't tried the ICS. I prefer PDANet (on my Q9c, ICS only allowed me to use 1 laptop, but I switch laptops). PDANet works just great.
  6. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

ICS works on any computer I hook my phone to. Never had any limitations. Many people prefer PDANet but I see no reason to pay for a feature already on your phone.
  7. JMak

JMak New Member

ICS has worked well for me though I've been limited to using it on one pc at a time (i.e., connect to work pc only and not to the work pc during the day and home pc at night). But I dont use bluetooth which I understand would let me tether to multiple computers.
  8. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

That's exactly the problem I had, but admittedly never tried BT tethering. It was just easier for me to spend a few bucks for PDAnet, and I can use it on 3 different laptops.
  9. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

The Ozone (VZW's version of the Snap) is like the newest version of the Q9C. It's super sweet. I went from the 9C to it and I could NOT be happier.
  10. JMak

JMak New Member

i cant seem to put my hands on a working snap at a sprint store. i suspect that it will work and behave just like the q9c, right?

how is the display. ive been looking at both the tour and pre and both displays are monster improvements over the q9c. so how is the display on the snap?

im really torn here...snap, tour, or pre. tour is pricey but love the display and overall look, however, i want free tethering and am not an email power user. pre has reduced price now, gorgeous display, neat webos, wifi, but looks like a toy. snap has the familiar wm 6.1 which means ics, wifi, and is highly customizable and is only $99.

ugh!
  11. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Screen is gorgeous and a definite improvment over the 9C. And I don't even have the backlight set to it's max. You forgot to also mention the built-in GPS on the Ozone. Super sweet.

-BUT-

My nephew has a Pre. I totally fell in love with that thing. I think I would get that over an Ozone provided it worked with my work email.
    Not sure how well the Pre works with Exchange.
    I am also stuck with VZW so no chance of a Pre for me.

Pre > iPhone.