cracking sound out of external speaker

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by Qcumber, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Qcumber

Qcumber New Member

cracking sound out of external speaker

Got a Q9n few days ago and absolutely love it. I wonder if anyone has experienced a cracking sound problem. If I enable 'click' sound for button press then there's a crackle every so often I press the button. With button sound disabled 'crackles' happen when rigtone goes off or some system sound occurs. It's quick and happens only right in the begining of the ringtone or system sound but is annoying. The problem doesn't seem to be firmware related as I already flashed the phone with 3 different ones and crackles were there each time. My H/W version is 3.2. I wonder if anyone could provide some insight on this.
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Try adjusting your sound enhancement settings until it dissappeaars. I'd guess you are clipping the speakers right now. :) -Q
  3. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Welcome...."qsucks" <----What the.....!??
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Do ya think??? I almost chose to not respond. :) HA !! There's no accounting for bad taste in screen names. We'll just convert him to QRules !!!! :) -Q
  5. tssf

tssf New Member

Actually both my Q9n's have a crackle sound when the sound initializes, so I know what you mean.
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

DING-dong!!! Ya just rang my chimes! HA !!! Yeah, yeah . . . if that's what he is talking about, It's the nature of the beast. I get THAT too and there isn't any way to control it either . . . I've tried. It's no biggie to me but I can understand how some would find it annoying. THX, man !!! :) -Q
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it could be an issue with the shielding around the speaker causing it to crackle when there is current flowing through an adjacent circuit
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Time for Reynold's Aluminum Foil. :) -Q
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

with the proper application of the foil it could work:wink:

and I'm not perfectly sure on that; but coming from a sound technician's perspective, I've heard sounds fitting that description before when using XLR cables (for our monitor speakers) that had bad shielding
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Exactly! Never tried on a cell but plenty of other applications worked. If I ever disassemble my Nap I'll give it a go. :) -Q
  11. Qcumber

Qcumber New Member

You are a wonderful community here, did you know? Thanks for all the responses, if everybody has it I may as well relax. Feel a lot better now anyway (thought I got faulty unit...)
  12. Qcumber

Qcumber New Member

This was a moment of frustration I guess. :embarassed: Caused by my Q8 a year ago... Tried to change it but to no effect. Do I need to seek moderator's assistance on this?
  13. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Just PM Chris and he'll be glad to do it for you soon as he can. :) -Q
  14. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

funny, we say ars not ass, yet we can say suck.
  15. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

No worries...:2cool:
  16. Qcumber

Qcumber New Member

I know nothing about technical side of it but it looks as if speaker goes into 'sleep mode' and then there's a crackle on a 'wake up'. If you try to play any sound once then there's a crackle at the start. If you then wait 5 seconds or more and replay it then there's again a crackle. However if you replay it within 3 seconds or less there will be no crackle. So it takes for speaker like 4 seconds to go into 'sleep mode' (or whatever it is) that causes it to crack.
  17. modmymoto

modmymoto New Member

Dont worry about crackel....thats how NAP is designed...:)..just to let users know that Speaker is turning on. No solution to this problem
  18. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Which Nap do you have? Tell us more about the Nap's design, please. :) -Q
  19. modmymoto

modmymoto New Member

hw 3.2..
    am i missing something..is there class going on for nap design...;-)
  20. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

A China Nap. Cool beans. No I just thought you had some inside design info we could use. :) -Q