CRAAAAAAZY cop (vid)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bramsy, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

gotta know the classics :} perhaps i should get into that RSS thingie.
  2. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I love the very last thing he says before the camera turns off. "Is that camera on? I better not find myself on..." You tube maybe? To bad it was cut off.

They should sue for $54 million.
  3. Bramsy

Bramsy New Member

hah, $54 million
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

searched on their site... but can't locate the feed.
  5. MattB

MattB New Member

6. cheri

cheri Active Member

I am sooo glad that they recorded that. It would have been more beneficial to site them than to yell at the kid. It appeared to me that the officer 1. needed better uniform to body mass ratio. 2. He was blowing off steam but at the wrong people. 3. The officer should be punished 4. That golf cart did not make a good first impression of authority!

LOL

My husband used to work at a high school as campus supervisor, they had golf carts to patrol the grounds, funny thing was the Asst. Principal would jump in it and patrol the strip malls at starbux etc...gawd it was hilarious how seriously he take themselves in golfcarts. Buzzing down the street with the look of "im gonna get u kids if its the last think I do" on his face!
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

can any of these videos be viewed on the q?
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

uhm.... the head of the police union is already making excuses for the cop, suspended ? that's the best they can do ?...

*breathe in.. breathe out*...

calming down :}
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

Yeah, the police force in action, priorities, what happend to priorities, like i said if the boy was doing something illegal, site him, dont have a lengthy yell fest. Get emotional about people abandoning babies, elder abuse or something but kids skatebording and calling a cop "dude" dude please! lol

Desk job with pay...that is not a punishment, reprimand...make him go learn to skateboard. community service...that is more like it.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

quoted for truth...
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

never have to worry about my oldesr i know he can handle his, my other two...im have more concerns.
  13. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I agree with you about 80% but keep in mind that police have a stressful job especially in metro areas. (haha eating donughts is not stressful) I on one hand can agree with the cop, but on the otherhand i can agree with the kids. It was wrong for the cop to react in such a fashion, but at the same time another cop should have been present to witness the whole thing. We only got to see the crazy part, and theres no telling what was happening before the camera started.
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

I understand your point. BUT the cop is the adult in the situation and he is a COP that does not give him the authority to act like that. Police are citizens as well, I understand the stressfulness and what not. I have lived in some really bad neighborhoods through out the years from some in Oakland and Inland Empire in So Cal, there are some really really good police who do great work. I have a car jacking story floating around some where on EQ. If he snapped alright apologize, if the kid was a "douche" community service. The rant was blowing off steam, that is not part of the job. I would have liked to see him blow off steam to some kids from a rough neighborhood. There were other people around they could step forward and give us a glance at what happend before he started huffing and puffing.

As a cop your supposed to know how to keep your "Buttons" under control. You are not supposed to let anyone push your buttons. I've had a cop blow up at me before unprovoked so it does happen.
  15. Bramsy

Bramsy New Member

they're not 'above the law'? man steven segal had it good!

on a more serious note, 1 more reason not to respect the law....
    when is the last time you saw an officer do something unpredictably nice, first-hand? i havent in a long long time, if ever. on the news if anything, talking about other states policemen. detroit is a bad example to speak of, but lets start at the bottom!
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

Bramsy that was my point they are NOT above the law.
    What I am saying is they are citizens first, your particular job doesnt make you more or less of a citizen.

I hear Detroit can be pretty bad.
    I have had a cop get in my face up provoked but on the other side I have had a cop be quite helpful. Especially when they bring home your autistic 6 year old who escaped pantless in the neighborhood. I MORE than grateful.
  17. Bramsy

Bramsy New Member

<~~~ still not a fan of the COPS around here. my stop pop is a lawyer (good one) with friends on both sides of the line...

he always tells my little sister not to call thems cops, they HATE it. especially in high tension situations! *little advice from a nobody

as for Detroit. i love it, during the day. Tigers/Wings games are awfully fun! (watch out for the Tigs this year!) but you take a wrong turn on your way out of the city, lock you doors. so many dumb white, black, and mexican people......... soooooooooooo many idiots!

silly story. my buddy was driving home from a Tigers game last year in his wifes mothers convertable Toyota Solaris, when he though he would try and beat the rush by following a rogue driver whom he thought was short cutting... he got caught up at a red on a road off the freeway when some guy was on his porch in a chair yelled out "awful brave to be driving that car around here." of course my dumb friend gunned it through the light...... end of story.

but yeah, thats Detroit in a nutshell. stick to what you know and stay in the well lit areas!
  18. cheri

cheri Active Member

When engaged "officer" is one of the correct terms.

You dont have to be a fan, just be polite and smart about stuff.

There was an issue once where my man kid and hubby went to pick up a car in Santa Cruz and the car decided to poop out about 10 miles from home on a hour plus drive. They needed a part and happended to see an Highway Patrol dude and he directed them where to go and TOLD them the car was safe where it was on the side of an on ramp NOT blocking traffic. We are not stupid people, cant leave a vehicle blocking traffic even though it was well into the wee hours on on ramp.

So they go get what they needed was not even 30 or 40 min and ANOTHER cop had the car jacked up halfway on a tow truck. My man kid tried to talk to the cop, cop was being a bad cop and told him to take it up with the tow truck guy . Man kid had just bought the car. Not like he had the money to pay that tow truck on the spot so, man kid blew it big time, the cop wanted to take him in before hubby stepped in. Luckily man kid did not go to jail. It cost almost $500 for an over night stay in the tow yard. Sorry nobody could afford that one, kinda had to go with out for a while. Kid got his car but it would have just kept racking up every day we left it. Oh they also towed it for him not being the registered owner...duh! ya got 5 days here to get to dmv and register.

My point is people do get aggitated and riled up over situations especially when they cant control what is going on. I mean had we been more financially situated no biggy...pay the guy and be done with it. I dont care what anyone says....there IS a financial disadvantage with regard to certain laws. There is a disadvantage when you are tired and stressed. We dont get to make those excuses to the police....why do they need that excuse? IMO its BS
  19. Geekster

Geekster New Member

My cousin was an "officer" in Detroit for a lot of years.
    *By the way, the nickname for Detroit is "De-toilet"*.
    Shot once for stopping someone for speeding & lost his spleen, shot again for stopping another speeder and lost part of his stomach. The third and last time he got shot he said that was it, "they" win. He's in Florida somewhere living on some beach with his latest "hottie". He is now, not a ppl person. I don't blame him. And we still talk when he's sober enough. I just can't take the pain away & that's what bothers me. There are good ppl "out there" .....just got to look harder I guess.