CPU Utilization always at 100%

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by klon99, Apr 17, 2008.

1. klon99

klon99 New Member

CPU Utilization always at 100%

Hey Guys,

When I go into task manger it shows my cpu utilization at 100% even though I have nothing running. I am very good when it comes to going into task manager and killing all process. Am I missing something here?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

From within the task manager press the right soft key and select exit. Then reopen the task manager. The value should then be correct. (always exit the task manager this way)
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aand welcome aboard..

try searching next time...
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

annnd welcome

CPU running at 100% is much better than 0%. :)
  5. larceny

larceny New Member

my 9m seems to be at 100% all the time too...i always exit out properly aswell...seems to drain my battery alot more now...i guess your right...rather have it at 100 than zero...
  6. mricketts

mricketts New Member

Activesync and 100% cpu utilization

I've noticed that my task manager usually shows 100% cpu utilization as well, despite no programs running. I probably wouldn't have noticed except that I'm troubleshooting another issue. I cannot get ActiveSync to consecutively synch more than 50-60 music files without stopping. I get an error that says my device is "operating slowly, or is not responding". I've noticed that everytime that it does this the cpu utilization has jumped up to 100% (nothing else running). Prior to jumping up to and remaining at 100%, it varies greatly as it is synching which seems normal (as it finishes a song it briefly reaches 100%), but for some reason it'll get to a point and remain at 100%. I have no idea if this is the problem, but it seems suspicious. Any ideas? Exiting the task manager will bring it back down to a reasonable level, but will again jump up to and remain at 100%. I've got about 2000 songs I'd like to put on my storage card.......if I have to babysit this process it'll be the end of the year before it's completed. My phone is using WM 6.1.
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I maybe running out of memory while doing read/write operations. Why not just put the storage card in the pc and save yourself some time?
  8. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

my thoughts exactly.
    I always toss my card in the pc to organize,move files etc...

sent from my Q9c
  9. mricketts

mricketts New Member

My laptop is quite finnicky.....I'm thinking it doesn't like adaptors. Anyway, it will not read the card/adaptor (it's a Sans and not a cheap generic). I suppose I could I buy a usb card reader and try transferring the files that way?

If that works, then that's one problem solved.....well, covered with a band aid anyway. I'm not sure I like WM 6.1. Very quirky. Could I downgrade to 6.0?
  10. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I always take the easy route.
    you may want to try a master reset. I do one every 4 months on my phone. On my pc's I reload windows about every 18 months. I like my stuff to run good.

sent from my Q9c
  11. dannydesiliva

dannydesiliva New Member

Hmmm... Interesting. Very odd behavior. Looking at the filter, AdBlock Plus just sits at counts hits while it's in this loop. Looks like EasyPrivacy needs to be modified.

watch mobile | steel garage | hockey fights | stop snoring
  12. There must be some program running which is not visible and is taking 100% CPU utilization.
    how to stop snoring