Could I put my Verizon Saga SIM in an ATT GSM prepay phone?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by summit, Jun 12, 2009.

1. summit

summit New Member

Could I put my Verizon Saga SIM in an ATT GSM prepay phone?

I've heard ATT users swap their SIM from their fancy expensive smart phones into a crap phone when they do something like rafting or skiing so that they don't destroy or lose their good phone.

I'd love to do this for when I'm kayaking. (I never trust a dry bag to be dry). Can I switch the GSM SIM from my Saga out into an ATT phone? I'd assume I have to pay money to them at some point... or would this create two valid destinations for my phone number and cause the national phone grid to collapse?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yes you can, but the intended ATT phone needs to be unlocked for use in other networks. Also, I am not familiar with VZW sims. As I understand it VZW sims are used for international travel and incur international roaming rates. Since your going to use it within the country, check to see if the rates are the same as if you were using your regular line without the sim or would it be a roaming rate.
  3. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I haven't found that SIM to work in the US. It is programmed to your CDMA MIN as you suspect.
  4. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

Just activate a different phone if it's for a longer term thing. If it's just for one day leave your phone at home...

Or get a pellican case for it.