CorePlayer question

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by kareljack, Jan 17, 2010.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

CorePlayer question

Is it possible to have CorePlayer be the default media player when a link to a youtube video is clicked on in Opera?? Windows Media Player in WinMo 6.1 is crap.
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I haven't found a way for CorePlayer to play .flv files at all.
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

Mine plays them great.....also streams You Tube natively.....go into settings. Should be able to enable.
  4. bberryhill0

File Associations doesn't have .flv listed on my non-touch copy.
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

Does is list Macromedia?

Does is list Macromedia? I have the same version installed on my Q9m/c and on my Saga....v1.3.0 build 6213. It works on both devices. If it has Macromedia option in prefs....check that and try.
  6. bberryhill0

I have an old version. 1.0.4. I use it mostly to answer questions here so the $30 price with no trial and no real info on their mobile website has kept me from buying the current version.

This thread has a mention of 1.3.6
    http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/htc-snap-ozone/what-is-the-best-media-player-36907.html

* No mention of an upgrade policy. Do you have to pay $30 for every .1 upgrade?

** Checking 'all' in file associations makes CorePlayer the default web browser. CorePlayer is not a web browser so that leads to an error message. Re-choosing your default web browser fixes the problem.
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

Hmmm? Mine will not stream You Tube any more.

Hmmm? Mine will not stream You Tube any more. This string made me check on my Core player.....Won't stream You Tube any more. Searches just fine...just will not play them. Any one else?
  8. bberryhill0

Sounds like my problems with TCPMP. Trying to play a .mp4 killed it's ability to play anything. Reinstalling fixed it. So far I haven't found anything that kills CorePlayer.
  9. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

I bought Coreplayer back at v1.1. They have given free upgrades up to 1.3.6. I also started with the Smartphone edition, and they transferred the license to the PPC version for free when I got a new phone.
  10. bberryhill0

Thanks for the info Bear! CorePlayer looks like a great product but they aren't doing a great job of promoting it.

How do the touch and non-touch versions differ?
  11. manbat

manbat Active Member

I have the PPC version on my Q9m\c and my Saga. The touchscreen version installed and ran on both the smartphone and the PPC.