copying files to a storage card

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by eal15, Sep 23, 2006.

1. eal15

eal15 New Member

copying files to a storage card

Hi, this may seem like a stupid question. Here it goes, I can't seem to get files that I place on my storage card to work on the q. First off I've done this before with ppc's, not smatphone. I already formatted the card in the q. I took it out an placed the card in my card reader and placed it back in the q. I made folders, videos, pictures, and files (work docs and such). When i find the storage card in file manager the folders show up but the text naming them is in jibberish and nothing is in the folders. when i check the storage card in the q, there is 12 mb or so left of free space on a 2gb card. same as when i checked in the card reader. Are we supposed to use special folders or put files on the storage card through the q and not a card reader. My manual was left at work and I tried searching for the answer. THis may have been months ago for you guys but we only just got to Q at Bell in Canada. Please help or paster the link with answers.
    Thanks
    E
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

BUMP!!! Anyone else experience this? Any solutions? I think the files are either corrupted or encrypted... any ideas?
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

again jaap?! =)
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

what do you mean again?

btw this isnt for me. this is happening to a friend, who tried to take the sd card from Q and transfer it to the Droid. but before he did, he stuck it in a card reader and that's when he got all the jibberish.
  5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I have a feeling that XP and WM see cards differently. When transferring files XP says Converting to/from Mobile Format. And XP fails to copy all from my card (in the Q) to it's hard drive. It seems to hate .cab files and then all the files it said it copied disappear. Vista justs works.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

wrong jaap...sorry! =)
  7. saima122

saima122 New Member

8. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Is this Urdu spam?