Copy and Paste on Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Ben in CA, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Ben in CA

Ben in CA New Member

Copy and Paste on Outlook

Hello. I use Outlook for my calendar. My difficulty is this: I have appointments that get rescheduled from one day to another (I am a lawyer). If all I am doing is changing the date, say from 5/1 to 5/15, I can't copy and paste to the new date. I have to retype in all the info. If I just change the date by editing, the record of my previous appearance is deleted and I need to maintain a record of when we were in court last. Is there some secret I am missing? thanks for the help
  2. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

You can get a 3rd party application like eXtreme Agenda or Papyrus which both have "copy appointment" type functionality so you can just make a copy of an appointment and change only the dates/times.

Extreme Agenda:
    eXtreme Agenda - PDA/Smartphone Software
  3. swagner

swagner New Member

The fact that you need a 3rd party app to reschedule an existing appointment is pretty poor planning on MS's part. I am just moving from a Treo 650 to a Q and the shortcomings of the OS and apps are showing quickly. (I still think I will probably keep it as there are some plusses as well)
  4. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

There are definitely some differences and some pluses..

It isnt really that fair a comparison, as you are talking about a device
    that is twice the price. It is comparable to the Treo 700w as that
    is a Pocket PC version with touch screen, and everything else that goes
    with it. This is much more limited device as is the OS as it is the Smartphone
    OS that although very capable, has been up until now limited to smaller
    screened Numeric Keypad only type phone devices, so things like Copy/Paste
    weren't really that practical or important. Now they are, and Id bet they are coming!

But its still an awesome device, with some great pluses. Like it doesnt
    weigh even close to what my Treo 650 does and I prefer either flavor of WM to Palm.... The tweaking and more application compatibilities will come...