CoPilot 6 NAVI?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by Montero, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Montero

Montero New Member

CoPilot 6 NAVI?

Anybody get this, yet?

I'm curious... you can't take phone calls when you're actively using this, can you? I read that you can take text messages, I guess, but the phone is out of order?

Anybody know? How does it rate with anybody who's used a car-integrated NAVI system?

Thanks
  2. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I have it, can make phone calls, receive calls and STILL navigate. (oh yeah, and be on a BT headset AND have the BT GPS running).

I am very happy with it.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I just received mine and will be doing a review in the next week or so for the site. As a TomTom 5 user, I do like the idea of pre-loaded maps. Loading maps using TomTom 5 can be a very long process and don't get me started on the TT5 Activation process.:wacko:

-Chris
  4. Big Stigs

Big Stigs New Member

I enjoy this product, however I have one big problem with it. Their maps are so far out of date it's not even funny. I live in a Chicago suburb and they have info from around my house that is over 15 years old. If anyone knows how to get updated maps PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. With the maps being so far out of date, some addresses don't register, so I'm sent on a wild goose chase trying to find my destination. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

TomTom 5 or CoPilot?

-Chris
  6. Big Stigs

Big Stigs New Member

Sorry, I was talking about CoPilot
  7. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

The versatility is making me want to eBay my iQue and simplify with the Q.

But the lack of updated maps makes me as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...Any update on this would be appreciated.

-Simpson

posted via my Q
  8. Montero

Montero New Member

Very Good!

Thanks...
  9. Big Stigs

Big Stigs New Member

So, here is the update from ALK tech support. Apparently the maps that they have loaded on the software is the latest maps they have, and believe me they are not current by any stretch of the imagination. Also, since it is a new product an update will not comming anytime in the near future. While I was talking to tech support their own guy said "I'd just return it, the maps aren't updated that often, and the next map upgrade is going to cost you $100. My advice is stay the hell away from this product and get a stand alone GPS system like Garmin. I did and I couldn't be happier, the maps are up to date, and the product is just so much better and easier to navigate.
  10. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

Thanks!

I was going to sell my iQue and run this on my Q. But if Co-pilot's own customer service people are recommending that you just return it instead of offering any timeframe or alternative solution for upgrades, I think I'll stand pat.

Thanks again for that info.

-Simpson
  11. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I have the CoPilot and I replaced a Dell Axim using as a GPS with the Q and CoPilot. Yes, the maps are not perfect, but for Southern California, it works just fine, and gets me where I need to go.

I am going to stick with the CoPilot LIve product...
  12. golf4me

golf4me New Member

CoPilot6

Chris:

Did you ever do that review on the CoPilot6 for the Q?
  13. Cartaphilus

Cartaphilus New Member

Power Adapters that Come with CoPilot

My CoPilot came with a number of power adapters (wall plug and car versions) with miniUSB connectors, apparently for charging the Bluetooth GPS receiver. Does anyone know if those can also be used to power the Q itself?